Resolved: USASF has made all star cheerleading better

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheersport started the idea, but the USASF put it into an industry wide acceptance.

Progressions were around before the USASF or Cheersport. Levels were initiated by Cheersport and aided by the USASF, not progressions.

Well, we can argue semantics, but I am pretty sure that is what he meant.

Progression and Levels cannot be used interchangeably, which is why a distinction needs to be made.

I've been thinking about this and I have come to the conclusion that the USASF has made allstar cheerleading better, if nothing else, by forcing everyone to get together and hash everything out and make industry wide decisions together. Before the USASF, for the most part, each event producer was making decisions based on what was best for their own particular brand, same with cheer gyms.... Putting JAMfest, UCA, and Cheersport all together in a room (figuratively if not literally) with representatives from the biggest of the big gyms to the smallest of the small and everyone in between and forcing them to make decisions that are "best" for the industry as a whole. Compromise, sacrifice, give and take, the foundation of any good relationship and the only way, IMO, to really move forward.

Credit for Level progression should be given to Cheersport. Sorry for the confusion. Yes I understand that USASF adopted it throughout but it started at Cheersport. I wish USASF would adopt MORE from Cheersport (minus the dumb floor grid). Huge event, well organized and stays ON TIME!!

scflips said:
I wish USASF would adopt MORE from Cheersport

What specifically?

Back