All-Star Retiring Songs For Future Mixes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2010
Would you agree with me that some songs should be retired and never used again only because they have been used and could never match that level of intensity ever again in certain stunts and such?
Like whenever I here "I Believe" by Fantasia I know no one could top what starlites did with it in 07.
There is no real way to retire a song like retiring jersey numbers for organized sports, but dont you feel like there a certain songs you should just not touch because it's been used by another team who absolutely killed it?!

Unstoppable by Kat Deluna should stop being put in remixes.. After California having it in their remix at worlds, all the competitions i would hear it in every single teams routine... then another song that should be retired is Brainwashed-Ultraviolet sound. After Tg used it as their dance, i heared it everywhere.

Telephone by Lady Gaga.. I'll ever listen to it again and not think of 'Hellooooo, I already told you once - there's 11 of us!'

Fashionista needs to retire. . . . I can feel the song's reli tired in my ears. . . It has been defined as the "fierce" song . . .

I think all Snoop Dogg songs being used as fillers/voiceover acapellas . . . .i mean . . . totally. . . i can't remember of any coz my ears try hard to ignore them . . ..
"Class is n session let me show you a thing or two" ugh!

Im not talking about overused songs. Im talking about songs that define a team.

I have been saying that exact same thing for years! Idk why it bugs me lol...to me team "whatever" their called will never re capture the original team that had it first place so just stop & don't use it >.<

This is weird. I just had this conversation with 2 people this past week.
Cause whenever i listen to a mix and hear a certain song, i automatically think of a different team and starting doing their voiceovers etc.

there are a handful of panthers, stars, and top gun songs that definitely shouldnt be touched again.
my example for this year is the "doctor, doctor" song that GA danced to a few years ago that fca dances to this year.

While in some ways I agree, and that certain moments will never be the same..there are tons of teams who know next to NOTHING about any of these major gyms/what songs they use. As always, and while it's hard to believe, our obessive passion is odd to some people. To many cheerleaders, a sad Celine Dion song....is a sad Celine Dion song. That's it. The fact it was SE's pyramid song the first time they won Worlds is irrelevant to them. Someone mentioned a certain song that Starlites used in '07. I consider myself a decent, moderately knowledgeable fan, but I have NO CLUE what you're talking about. If someone said 'I want that song as my stunt section', I'd never think of it being in a Starlites mix. Mainly because I don't really follow Starlites, or certain other teams from various gyms. If you told me you wanted to retire TG's dance song from last year...I actually can't even remember what it was. Sure it was great though.. ;)

Fashionista needs to retire. . . . I can feel the song's reli tired in my ears. . . It has been defined as the "fierce" song . . .

I think all Snoop Dogg songs being used as fillers/voiceover acapellas . . . .i mean . . . totally. . . i can't remember of any coz my ears try hard to ignore them . . ..
"Class is n session let me show you a thing or two" ugh!

That is actually Ludacris, but I agree. His voiceovers are so overused.

Who else used Fashionista? I seem to remember some high school video I saw, but can't remember any other allstar team.

To me, that song SCREAMS Shooting Stars every time I hear it played!!!!!

Back