All-Star Revolution Cheer Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i feel like we are constantly contradicting ourselves in cheerleading. We want to be recognized as a sport just like others, yet we have events like this that select only certain teams. I can't think of any other sports that pick the best teams to go against each other. I still love worlds and how you actually have to earn your spot to get there.

I miss regular competitions where anyone can compete against anyone.
This is classic case of "you can't please everyone". Not so long ago everyone was complaining that they give too many bids to Worlds and it isnt the best of the best. Now we have three EPs trying to do the very thing we wanted and people are complaining that not everyone can go. I am excited to see these different events being introduced and hope they are all successful!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This is classic case of "you can't please everyone". Not so long ago everyone was complaining that they give too many bids to Worlds and it isnt the best of the best. Now we have three EPs trying to do the very thing we wanted and people are complaining that not everyone can go. I am excited to see these different events being introduced and hope they are all successful!

I understand, but we have Majors and CL and now this one... I am just wondering how "let's only invite the big name teams everyone knows" kind of events will affect the rest of the industry

I understand, but we have Majors and CL and now this one... I am just wondering how "let's only invite the big name teams everyone knows" kind of events will affect the rest of the industry
My hope is it will give USASF/Varsity the kick in the pants it needs to run a Worlds Championship based on talent and not the money they make from having any and every sr 5 team compete.

My hope is it will give USASF/Varsity the kick in the pants it needs to run a Worlds Championship based on talent and not the money they make from having any and every sr 5 team compete.

Well as long as the same mutual admiration society can pick the teams to go to worlds too. I can only hope it is the same 10 teams over and over again.

I really feel for the parents of these kids who have to shell out money to travel to Chicago, Atlanta, Indy, Dallas, Orlando and so on! I can't imagine having to go on that many trips you have to fly somewhere!

Anyone need to buy a kidney? I'm thinking I may have to sell one to pay for travel.

All kidding aside, we are feeling pretty confident for the first time in our 8 years of cheer we won't be able to go to competitions as a family. I simply can't afford 16 plane tickets for our family to go to these four events.

That will kill me. We've always gone to competitions as a family. We've already prepped the kids that this is likely coming. :(

I really feel for the parents of these kids who have to shell out money to travel to Chicago, Atlanta, Indy, Dallas, Orlando and so on! I can't imagine having to go on that many trips you have to fly somewhere!

A bigger statement would be if some of these gyms stayed away from worlds since it is not " not the best of the best" any more. However accepting an all expense paid trip to this comp, according to twitter, is not quite the same thing.

Has the date been posted yet?

So sad in a way. CP has been on Prodigy for the last 4 years (1 of only 2 people who were on since Prodigy's beginning) but now is on International, Sovereignty.

Oh well, she will not be there to compete, but we will be there to cheer on Prodigy.

Back