All-Star Revolution Cheer Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has the date been posted yet?

So sad in a way. CP has been on Prodigy for the last 4 years (1 of only 2 people who were on since Prodigy's beginning) but now is on International, Sovereignty.

Oh well, she will not be there to compete, but we will be there to cheer on Prodigy.

I was thinking about that earlier and it made me sad. :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

im kinda shocked world cup is going to this, on top of doing the CL, plus all the regular comps they normally attend, i can imagine some of these teams having to give up certain comps they normally attend, just to attend these two comps. is the Revolution event offering bids to worlds?? i know they said there is a cash prize but im wondering if that means a worlds bid, etc.

I am definantly putting this on our calendar for CP. Looks like Friday night is the elite invitational but then a regular 2day comp for the rest of levels 1 - 5. should be interesting. Wonder if this will be added to our schedule since it is in our backyard.

Has the date been posted yet?

So sad in a way. CP has been on Prodigy for the last 4 years (1 of only 2 people who were on since Prodigy's beginning) but now is on International, Sovereignty.

Oh well, she will not be there to compete, but we will be there to cheer on Prodigy.

She's not on Prodigy...? :(

It's January 31 if no one answered that yet. Which is sad for me because that means I can't go because I'm pretty sure that will be Winter Weekend for dance. Lame.

Question: everyone is saying that there is something Friday night and then a 2-day comp. One, where are you seeing this? And two, where would this 2-day comp be? Same place? I'm completely confused by this venue. (And I think you all are going to have heart attacks when you see how much it will cost to park at Mccormick Place for 3 days. :eek: )

Lets say hypothetically these top teams decided to not go to Worlds.... How would that effect the teams that remained? Would they still be "world champions" or would they be world champions with an asterisk next to their name because there may have been quite a few teams that would have scored much higher if they had competed.
Would worlds still hold the prestige and excitement if Stingrays, Cheerextreme, Cali, Cheer Athletics, Twisters etc all decided they would rather compete against each other then go to a " worlds competition" Where some teams are down right embarrassing and the producer has no plans to alleviate all the problems that hundreds of pages on this board have been dedicated to.
Just a different opinion to the situation, I would love to hear other opinions.

Lets say hypothetically these top teams decided to not go to Worlds.... How would that effect the teams that remained? Would they still be "world champions" or would they be world champions with an asterisk next to their name because there may have been quite a few teams that would have scored much higher if they had competed.
Would worlds still hold the prestige and excitement if Stingrays, Cheerextreme, Cali, Cheer Athletics, Twisters etc all decided they would rather compete against each other then go to a " worlds competition" Where some teams are down right embarrassing and the producer has no plans to alleviate all the problems that hundreds of pages on this board have been dedicated to.

It's hard to answer hypothetically because that would never happen!

I think that's a big part of it. Worlds seems to have no intentions of reducing the number of at-large bids because after all revenue is revenue; rather, they just created a Division I and Division II and hope that makes more people happy and levels the playing field for some of the Division II teams who do have the skills to be there just not the program depth. These other EPs are just taking matters into their own hands and creating more exclusive competitions for the most competitive programs to attend. People may not like the feeling of being excluded but we all look down on the ridiculousness of being able to get a bid to Worlds at the end of the season just because the other 6 teams in front of you already have bids.

I do think this will result in the opposite of what the creators of Division I and II breakdowns were hoping to achieve with small gyms v large gyms; the more of these "invite only" comps, the more likely a talented athlete is going to leave a small gym for a big oneso that they too will get to participate in these new comps.

Just a thought, and maybe it was already mentioned and I missed it, but GLCC Showdown is that same weekend in Schaumburg and that's usually a huge competition.

Good. Again I will say the Division 2 idea is horrible. You don't level the playing field in a competitive situation. The competitors will seek alternatives. This year I believe all of the teams will be at Worlds if they do this division 2 thing not so sure.

I do think this will result in the opposite of what the creators of Division I and II breakdowns were hoping to achieve with small gyms v large gyms; the more of these "invite only" comps, the more likely a talented athlete is going to leave a small gym for a big oneso that they too will get to participate in these new comps.

Many bad decisions have been made with the best of intentions.

I really feel for the parents of these kids who have to shell out money to travel to Chicago, Atlanta, Indy, Dallas, Orlando and so on! I can't imagine having to go on that many trips you have to fly somewhere!

Financial commitment aside, that's also a LOT of missed school. I'm all for innovation with regards to events, and definitely for some type of competition to the way Worlds is going. But it still has the best general working model, regional events all year and the be all end all at the end.

I don't even know if the EPs and gyms involved in all these new competitions goal is to even compete or provide an alternative to Worlds. But if it is, until they decide to mimic their model and hold an event in direct competition I don't think anything will change.

I think it's going to be very difficult to support multiple "premier" events strewn all across the country based on a core set of gyms continually committing to them. At some point, I think families will say enough is enough.

Financial commitment aside, that's also a LOT of missed school. I'm all for innovation with regards to events, and definitely for some type of competition to the way Worlds is going. But it still has the best general working model, regional events all year and the be all end all at the end.

I don't even know if the EPs and gyms involved in all these new competitions goal is to even compete or provide an alternative to Worlds. But if it is, until they decide to mimic their model and hold an event in direct competition I don't think anything will change.

I think it's going to be very difficult to support multiple "premier" events strewn all across the country based on a core set of gyms continually committing to them. At some point, I think families will say enough is enough.

I have felt there has been a real disregard for school in cheerleading. It would be interesting if someone did a poll on whether they have received a truancy notice received because of cheerleading.

Back