All-Star Rewinds At Level 5?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
Could you make the case for group stunt rewinds being a level 5 skill? If you watch videos of them in slow-motion the flyers feet can often be above/behind her head by the time the backstop finally flicks through their thumbs, and after Steel's elite stunt last year couldn't a team claim that's enough for it to not be considered a flipping stunt?

You can do them connected with one arm to a base, but if you mean arguing with a safety judge that a free flipping unassisted rewind is legal, that's a fight you're not gonna win. I think it has more to do with amount of rotation they're doing, not where their feet are

You can do them connected with one arm to a base, but if you mean arguing with a safety judge that a free flipping unassisted rewind is legal, that's a fight you're not gonna win. I think it has more to do with amount of rotation they're doing, not where their feet are
I think he's saying that by the time the back spot fully lets go (connected) sometimes the flyer is already not inverted. I don't see that late of a release happen often enough to argue that it would always be legal. But yes, Steel's was legal because of the amount of rotation.

Back