All-Star Ridiculous!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A boy in my english class on the football team told me all the cheerleaders at my school were fat, including me.
I just smiled, because my boyfriend kicked his butt at football practice that day and because that boy was dating a cow. :cow:

Is calling Humans animals a form of bullying?

If so do we really want to perpetuate stereotypes?

This one is inside the cheer world, which makes it even more cringeworthy... I had a first year male cheerleader on my college team tell me that "flyers who are pretty will go up over someone who isn't as attractive. If you are pretty, flyer technique and flexibility doesn't matter." I was captain, and I made everyone condition for that lovely comment. He didn't say it again.

Have you ever met cheerleaders that fit the stereotype?

At least we know some newbies are actually reading the old stuff to learn what going on.

**Quietly waiting to let the dogs out**
But this is REALLY old. I think pulling up a thread that's over 5 years old is a bit much, but to then complain about a post bullying someone is more than I can take today. It's been one of those days, and I swear this is what has pushed me right over that edge.

This one is inside the cheer world, which makes it even more cringeworthy... I had a first year male cheerleader on my college team tell me that "flyers who are pretty will go up over someone who isn't as attractive. If you are pretty, flyer technique and flexibility doesn't matter." I was captain, and I made everyone condition for that lovely comment. He didn't say it again.

lol

First night of cheer practice
All: HIHIHIHIHI!!!!
*an hour later while working on a straight, my flyer falls ontop of me (im a backspot and I didnt know they can land straight on your head)
Me: *falling to the ground then landing on the ground with my flyer ontop of me (Not what your thinking cx but I pretty much saved her fall*
Girl: ooh! Painful...
Some girls: Welcome to cheerleading!!!
Yeah, it was fun LOL (again, not what your thinking):confused::D

But this is REALLY old. I think pulling up a thread that's over 5 years old is a bit much, but to then complain about a post bullying someone is more than I can take today. It's been one of those days, and I swear this is what has pushed me right over that edge.

True. I guess if a 5 yo thread is going to come back either the "3 yo back handspring" or the "Get This" would be my pick. At least those were entertaining.

**Quietly waiting to let the dogs out**

Back