All-Star Right Hand Right Foot Left Hand Left Foot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TheVipersMom

Biggest (stalker) Fan '14
Cheer Parent
Apr 3, 2011
There is alot of questions going on at once that I'm asking. Any input on any of it would be cool!

So I have read somewhere on the Internet that people who are naturally right handed, tumble with right foot. (I.e. Doing a cartwheel the right foot/hand goes first).

So I'm looking for insight into this. Most of my CPs youth team is right handed and almost all tumble that way. However, my daughter tumbles left first even though she is right handed with everything else! So she is backwards to everyone! Which is cool but it bothers me if things are synchronized in a routine and you got that one out of 4 or whatever going a different way!

Also I will say when my cp was on tiny's last year there were quite a few right hand people that tumble left! But idk If that was just because alot of them couldn't really even do a cartwheel yet so maybe they didn't know which one felt better!

So I want to know which hand y'all are and which way you tumble?

Does it bother y'all to see it opposite in routines, or does it play a role in who tumbles with who at your gym?

I was also wondering do people who tumble right progress faster or are certain skills easier if you tumble left or vice versa?!

What way do you prefer?!

Lol sorry this was just something on my mind!!
Thanks

Eta: apparently I can't spell hand in the title!! Sorry!

i do everything right, except twisting skills. arabians are easier for me left, and i can full twisting right to save my life.

i love when synced passes go opposite, i think it looks like a mirror and its a cool effect :D

I am right handed, but I tumbled left. I always found it weird cause when I was younger and forgot which way I tumbled (shoulda been born blonde) my coach would always say which hand do you write with, and id try to tumble that way and it never worked.

I am right handed, but I tumbled left. I always found it weird cause when I was younger and forgot which way I tumbled (shoulda been born blonde) my coach would always say which hand do you write with, and id try to tumble that way and it never worked.

Lol that's funny, that's how I realized it when she was on tiny's one of the coaches brought it up and everything since bothered me. And now it's like she stands out because I can't think of any one else on the team who tumbles that way!!

Also when working tumbling skills they start off with the basics and they always make them do cartwheels and then opposite leg cartwheels. All the people who tumble right can do "ok" left cartwheels. You can tell it's not their best leg but it doesn't look bad. To where when my daughter goes she literally can't do a right cartwheel at all like she can't make it over! It's just crazy!!

i do everything right, except twisting skills. arabians are easier for me left, and i can full twisting right to save my life.

i love when synced passes go opposite, i think it looks like a mirror and its a cool effect :D

Yes I like it when it's two people and it goes well even tho it's opposite! It's that one in a group that kills me! I sound picky I mean it's not like you can say hey tumble the opposite way for this pass .. Haha

I'm right handed and I used to "tumble" (cartwheels ^^) left. But then I tore a muscle and had to change it all to the other side. Took me a while but evetually I got used to it and now tumble with my right (cartwheels aaand practising roundoffs lol). :)

I'm left handed, round off right (but can do left if I had to) and full right..and Iarabian right as well I always thought it was normal to do it the opposite..like a bunch of my non-cheer friends are right handed but there cartwheels and round offs are left....

I'm right handed and I used to "tumble" (cartwheels ^^) left. But then I tore a muscle and had to change it all to the other side. Took me a while but evetually I got used to it and now tumble with my right (cartwheels aaand practising roundoffs lol). :)

A girl i knew tumbled right and twisted right but she got hurt and relearned to twist left. Trying to watch her tumble out of an arabian is priceless lol.

I'm a righty, but I do all sports left handed. My parents told me that I was originally left handed and my preschool teacher forced me to write right handed. I am able to tumble both right and left, but left is more powerful. I twist left 100% of the time. I can write legibly with both my right and left hands.

Back