High School Rival School Camp Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 11, 2014
I'm taking over a new program this year, the same program I cheered for when I went to HS so I'm SUPER excited about it. I am friend with our "rival" schools cheer coach and the two of us thought it would be a good idea to host a home camp together so we are looking for bonding ideas for our teams to do together. Any ideas? We are hoping for them to make friendships this camp and mingle outside of their own squad

You can do a home camp for both squads at one or even both of the schools. Doing camp together would be a fun way to bond and get to know the other squad, while making memories with those new people too.

Great idea!

You can do a home camp for both squads at one or even both of the schools. Doing camp together would be a fun way to bond and get to know the other squad, while making memories with those new people too.

Great idea!

We are hosting the home camp and they are coming over for those two days to join Just looking for some like break the ice things or some activities for free time.

We are hosting the home camp and they are coming over for those two days to join Just looking for some like break the ice things or some activities for free time.
is it with a camp company or just being done between you guys?

I'm taking over a new program this year, the same program I cheered for when I went to HS so I'm SUPER excited about it. I am friend with our "rival" schools cheer coach and the two of us thought it would be a good idea to host a home camp together so we are looking for bonding ideas for our teams to do together. Any ideas? We are hoping for them to make friendships this camp and mingle outside of their own squad

I love this idea! My HS and rival team didn't really bond until my senior year (small town, personal issues lol). Maybe at the end of camp you can find a local event to attend together? Another season long initiative could be a contest of who can run into the rival school the most and take picks-i.e. taking a selfie if you see a member of the other school out shopping or if you're friends and hang out. We did a scavenger hunt and one of our challenges was to take a picture with someone from our rival squad.

If you have similar squad sizes you could assign every girl a buddy from the other team. You could do buddy conditioning, buddy games, and relays with your buddy. The second day could be twin day for the buddies where they have to dress the same. Take it a step further and when you play in football or basketball season, they could bring their buddy a little gift on game night. Your teams could also tailgate before the game together.

Another idea is to group up the classes and make them do a mini routine like they do at Hot Shots camp. Seniors from both teams, juniors from both teams, etc. Unite the classes even if they are at different schools.

A fun thing we did way back in the day was capture the flag. You could do seniors & juniors vs sophomores & freshman. Really any game that involves teams that you can mix the schools together in some way would work and be fun for them.

I work at camp full time(K-5th graders currently) and one thing that will get people working together fast is color wars! It can be something simple like relay races, skits, or the aforementioned capture the flag. Basically when you put people on colored team, give them face paint, and hand out points(thousands at a time) it gets people bonding with the teams FAST! And then after the comps are done, everyone has something to talk about since they can share their color team experience! :)

Back