Ro Tuck & Robhs Tuck

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

viv

Feb 16, 2016
Ok so I have my RO Tuck and ROBHS Tuck on an airtramp and I can do both on a normal spring floor with a spot. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how long it should take for me to get them no spot on a spring floor and on hard floor? I have tryouts for my school team the 11th-13th of April and I would love to be able to do my RO Tuck and ROBHS Tuck on hard floor before then. Thank you!

Everyone learns skills at their individual timeline. We cannot answer that question for you without knowing you. Don't give yourself a deadline. That will not help at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone learns skills at their individual timeline. We cannot answer that question for you without knowing you. Don't give yourself a deadline. That will not help at all.

I fully realize that you can't give me a timeline for myself if you do not know me or how I tumble. I was more looking for personal experience or for how long a son or daughter took to get the skill. I do not know many people who cheer so I cannot get an estimate from people I know.

I'm a tumbling instructor and I don't answer "How soon will I get it?" Even if an athlete has perfect technique and adequate strength, throwing it by themselves is never guaranteed. When I step away from an athlete, they could throw earlier, not hard enough, forget to finish their handspring, etc. That's why no one on here will be able to help you.

The only advice I can give is get stronger, and improve your technique. Make sure your rebound is adequate on the floor. Work on making your set higher on the air track. That's all you can do. Trust your coaches, when they tell you you're ready, be confident and throw it. Good luck to you!

I fully realize that you can't give me a timeline for myself if you do not know me or how I tumble. I was more looking for personal experience or for how long a son or daughter took to get the skill. I do not know many people who cheer so I cannot get an estimate from people I know.
As I said everyone is different on how long/quick to get skill. You can't compare yourself to others. For example I taught gymnastics so everyday after preschool my daughter came to class with me for 2 hours so she got skills quick. Bottom line, work hard, don't stress about a date you should/need to have skill. That will not help you. Good luck, you will do fine.

Back