Robhs Block?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 13, 2015
Ugh the dreaded skill block again....
So I have a mental block on my robhs, and I really want to get it back to move up levels, how do I get over this? My parents don't pressure, they support so it's not them I'm just going crazy lol. Tips?

Hi there- it sounds like this is a block you've had before? If so, the good news is you've gotten through it before and can get through it again! I work with cheerleaders on fears and blocks...Usually when we are dealing with blocks, there is some out-of-control thinking, like worrying about what could happen, thinking you won't do it/will fall, etc. We have to work on locking down the mind and not letting that kind of thinking in (or getting rid of it ASAP). Think about using mental choreography, which are words/counts you say to yourself right before the skill and as you do the skill so that you're focusing only on what you need to. For example " I've got this (before you go)...step, step, reach, snap, sit, hands, snap." Everyone's mental choreography will differ, and it might be corrections coaches have given you, or reminders you like; sometimes counting...the point is to know what you need to think and do it the same way every time, whether you're in a belt, getting a spot, on a tumble trak, etc. Also, sometimes we need to go backward to go forward, so build up your confidence again using drills and progressions. Hope that helps. Message me if you want to talk more details!

Hi there- it sounds like this is a block you've had before? If so, the good news is you've gotten through it before and can get through it again! I work with cheerleaders on fears and blocks...Usually when we are dealing with blocks, there is some out-of-control thinking, like worrying about what could happen, thinking you won't do it/will fall, etc. We have to work on locking down the mind and not letting that kind of thinking in (or getting rid of it ASAP). Think about using mental choreography, which are words/counts you say to yourself right before the skill and as you do the skill so that you're focusing only on what you need to. For example " I've got this (before you go)...step, step, reach, snap, sit, hands, snap." Everyone's mental choreography will differ, and it might be corrections coaches have given you, or reminders you like; sometimes counting...the point is to know what you need to think and do it the same way every time, whether you're in a belt, getting a spot, on a tumble trak, etc. Also, sometimes we need to go backward to go forward, so build up your confidence again using drills and progressions. Hope that helps. Message me if you want to talk more details!
I can't even explain how much I freakin love your profile pic lol

Back