All-Star Rockstar Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlockHead

Cheer Parent
Sep 20, 2013
I am taking my CP to Florida soon so that she can go visit some of her favorite cheer gyms.

She loves Rockstar. We can go to either the location in Jacksonville or Tampa. It doesn't matter which one to me. Is there anyone on here that would know which one she might enjoy visiting more? She doesn't plan on tumbling. Just wants to see the gym and walk out with a tshirt from the pro shop.

I am taking my CP to Florida soon so that she can go visit some of her favorite cheer gyms.

She loves Rockstar. We can go to either the location in Jacksonville or Tampa. It doesn't matter which one to me. Is there anyone on here that would know which one she might enjoy visiting more? She doesn't plan on tumbling. Just wants to see the gym and walk out with a tshirt from the pro shop.
I'm super old and irrelevant and haven't physically visited these gyms but, I drove past the Jax one and it looked really small. Pretty sure I only saw one floor.
For the Tampa one, I went to that location a few times (most recently two years ago when it was Stars), and it was a really nice facility! So I would definitely recommend Tampa, but I would call and ask about the pro shops for each!

eta: I used grew up in the tampa area and I live in Jacksonville now if you have any more questions :)

I'm super old and irrelevant and haven't physically visited these gyms but, I drove past the Jax one and it looked really small. Pretty sure I only saw one floor.
For the Tampa one, I went to that location a few times (most recently two years ago when it was Stars), and it was a really nice facility! So I would definitely recommend Tampa, but I would call and ask about the pro shops for each!

eta: I used grew up in the tampa area and I live in Jacksonville now if you have any more questions :)

Thanks so much!

We ended up choosing the Tampa location. I have already contacted the gym. They told me the hours that the pro-shop will be open. And they are going to take my daughter on a tour of their gym.

Perhaps you can help me.....we are probably going to have to get a hotel for 1 night in Tampa. Can you recommend any areas to stay away from? Or some safe areas? Every place always looks so pretty on the hotel websites. But you don't always know if you are choosing hotels in a safe location.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much!

We ended up choosing the Tampa location. I have already contacted the gym. They told me the hours that the pro-shop will be open. And they are going to take my daughter on a tour of their gym.

Perhaps you can help me.....we are probably going to have to get a hotel for 1 night in Tampa. Can you recommend any areas to stay away from? Or some safe areas? Every place always looks so pretty on the hotel websites. But you don't always know if you are choosing hotels in a safe location.

Thanks again!

Moved to Clearwater a month ago and live about 20 minutes from Tampa. Generally, North Tampa and East Tampa are a bit rougher than South Tampa. Bayshore Blvd area is very safe and gorgeous, anywhere near the International Mall/West Shore Plaza is really nice too.

South Tampa includes Davis Island, Palma Ceira, Beach Park, Sunset Park, Culbreath Isles and Culbreath Bayou and Hyde Park ... all of which you would be fine with. The area near Busche Gardens is rougher and I would avoid if possible!!

The thing about Tampa is that is is huge ... and very diverse. One street/neighborhood can be very safe and a block down it can be a tad unsafe. Stick to the major highways and tourist areas! Honestly just be smart, as you would in any major city.

Traffic is INSANE here, so if you need to cross any of the three bridges, plan accordingly and try to avoid going during prime rush hour. Getting from the Tampa side of 275 to Clearwater during the middle of rush hour can easily take an hour or more, even though it is a 7-8 mile bridge posted at highway speeds.

If you are looking for beaches/things to do let me know! I've been able to get a good grasp on some of the less populated beaches so you aren't dealing with the crazy traffic/parking at Clearwater Beach. :) Additionally, think about staying on the Clearwater/St. Pete side, it's not too far away from Tampa and has gorgeous beachfronts/things to do!

Last edited:
Thanks so much!

Thanks again!
The location of the gym is right across from the airport and you should be able to find some fairly decent deals as I could imagine. If not, Oldsmar is pretty close and has a few hotels and is in a nice area! The closer you are to the airport and international mall, the nicer.
Although, i've never had to stay at a hotel in that area so i'm really not much help :(

My daughter loves to take a private lesson at gyms wherever we travel :) I bet she could do a lesson, because how cool to go back and tell her friends. My daughter loves the photos we have of her tumbling at California All Stars! We've also tumbled at Cheer Factor in MA and have plans to tumble in Hawaii. It's become such a fun thing for her.

I tried to take my daughter to World Cup in NJ when we went to NYC in May. I sent facebook message and email etc but never heard back from anyone. We were disappointed. But oh well. She really wanted to visit.

Moved to Clearwater a month ago and live about 20 minutes from Tampa. Generally, North Tampa and East Tampa are a bit rougher than South Tampa. Bayshore Blvd area is very safe and gorgeous, anywhere near the International Mall/West Shore Plaza is really nice too.

South Tampa includes Davis Island, Palma Ceira, Beach Park, Sunset Park, Culbreath Isles and Culbreath Bayou and Hyde Park ... all of which you would be fine with. The area near Busche Gardens is rougher and I would avoid if possible!!

The thing about Tampa is that is is huge ... and very diverse. One street/neighborhood can be very safe and a block down it can be a tad unsafe. Stick to the major highways and tourist areas! Honestly just be smart, as you would in any major city.

Traffic is INSANE here, so if you need to cross any of the three bridges, plan accordingly and try to avoid going during prime rush hour. Getting from the Tampa side of 275 to Clearwater during the middle of rush hour can easily take an hour or more, even though it is a 7-8 mile bridge posted at highway speeds.

If you are looking for beaches/things to do let me know! I've been able to get a good grasp on some of the less populated beaches so you aren't dealing with the crazy traffic/parking at Clearwater Beach. :) Additionally, think about staying on the Clearwater/St. Pete side, it's not too far away from Tampa and has gorgeous beachfronts/things to do!

Thank you! This will help a lot! Do you know if Treasure Island is decent area? Their hotel prices are much more reasonable than Clearwater.

I tried to take my daughter to World Cup in NJ when we went to NYC in May. I sent facebook message and email etc but never heard back from anyone. We were disappointed. But oh well. She really wanted to visit.

I am so sorry. I was lucky that Stingrays, Top Gun, Brandon, and Rockstar all responded to me. I bet your CP was so disappointed.

My daughter loves to take a private lesson at gyms wherever we travel :) I bet she could do a lesson, because how cool to go back and tell her friends. My daughter loves the photos we have of her tumbling at California All Stars! We've also tumbled at Cheer Factor in MA and have plans to tumble in Hawaii. It's become such a fun thing for her.

Great idea! I will ask her today.

Thank you! This will help a lot! Do you know if Treasure Island is decent area? Their hotel prices are much more reasonable than Clearwater.

Yes Treasure Island is incredible!! And though Treasure Island is amazing, I'd recommend staying on Madeira Beach, if you can get in. Treasure Island and Madeira are basically the same thing, just connected through a small causeway bridge. (You can literally walk over the bridge and be on either side, so it's not the end of the world if you can't find hotels on Madeira. It's like a quarter of a mile, max.)

Treasure Island is great, but the Madeira side has much more shopping, food, eateries, plenty of sightseeing and beachfront. Highly recommend. But like I said, you can get from one to the other very quickly on foot!

If you go the Treasure Island/Madeira route, I would recommend eating at Gators. It's right across the causeway and has a gulfside view ... every time I go there, I see dolphins. :) It's also reasonably priced!

Check out John's Pass as well - it's a boardwalk with additional shopping right on the water. There is also this amazing shop which sells hand made soaps infused with sea sponge for a loofa. It's called Lori's Soap and Sponge Mart.

Honestly, staying in Treasure/Madeira would be my personal first choice. Not only can your CP see Rockstar, the whole family can have a mini vacay. :)

Yes Treasure Island is incredible!! And though Treasure Island is amazing, I'd recommend staying on Madeira Beach, if you can get in. Treasure Island and Madeira are basically the same thing, just connected through a small causeway bridge. (You can literally walk over the bridge and be on either side, so it's not the end of the world if you can't find hotels on Madeira. It's like a quarter of a mile, max.)

Treasure Island is great, but the Madeira side has much more shopping, food, eateries, plenty of sightseeing and beachfront. Highly recommend. But like I said, you can get from one to the other very quickly on foot!

If you go the Treasure Island/Madeira route, I would recommend eating at Gators. It's right across the causeway and has a gulfside view ... every time I go there, I see dolphins. :) It's also reasonably priced!

Check out John's Pass as well - it's a boardwalk with additional shopping right on the water. There is also this amazing shop which sells hand made soaps infused with sea sponge for a loofa. It's called Lori's Soap and Sponge Mart.

Honestly, staying in Treasure/Madeira would be my personal first choice. Not only can your CP see Rockstar, the whole family can have a mini vacay. :)

Thank you! I will have to check this information out when I get done working today. You are awesome!

Back