Routine Themes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not a theme type person and I agree when they work they work well. But I have heard some that are just way out there and are terrible.

This past season I did Will Smith and I did everything from the music to the bows and bloomers even their make-up and their competition shirts. The kids loved it!

I gym always do themes. We dont tell are kids tell choreography camp and we will do a skit for them so they can guess it. Some of my favorites are boy bands, broadway, soul, time, jungle, crazy, 90's, fame, sitcoms, days of the week, diva, and latin.

Ours was "Top Gun". Not the allstar team, but our mascot is the flyers and top gun was a movie with planes and stuf...yeah it was really stupid. hahah. We did have some cool songs though (Airplanes and g6 :) ) most of it was songs id never heard of.

I don't really like themes, maybe it's because I just can never pick up on them if I am just watching a routine for the first time

my teams theme last season was out of control. our shirts said lose your mind in big block letters :) we used music like eminem- lose yourself
janet jackson- control
DMX- lose my mind
LMFAO- get out of your mind (edited)
ect........ :D

I dont really like themes, but my favorite would be Shooting Stars Latin theme, it was creative and i liked the flower ideaaaa
Our gym did the latin theme 4 years ago with the flower. I like themes, but not when I see the same one over and over again. Latin is beginning to be overdone.

My senior year (2000) we did a car theme for our routine....i loved it, cuz we danced to greased lightning and our whole cheer was about stop lights....I know it sounds weird, but it was an awesome routine! Nownthatm it's been 11 years, I wanna use that routine fir my HS girls! Themed routines are awesome, but they have to be done right, so it's obvious to everyone watching!

I wish my team did themes! I loved the Latin then that Stars did last year and that wedding theme that Georgia did in 2005!

In 2009 my team's theme was mircales, with another team in my gym being caution, and last year a team in my gym was hero's. :)

I LOVE THEMED ROUTINES!! EACH YEAR WE DO ON!!! like we had a beatles theme. rock theme. and 80s theme...sounds weird but it was cool with like the spice girls and acdc

every year my gym always has different themes for music.
uh 2009-2010 my 2 teams were michael jackson and justin tumberlake (didnt enjoy either)
and then this year out highest teams were candy themes and a hollywood theme :)

Back