• Wood Flooring

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Nether

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • All

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 18, 2015
I am a student. At my school, there are 2 gyms where one of them is slightly smaller then the other. The smaller gym has a tiled flooring and the larger one has wood flooring. I am wondering if my school should change one or both of the floors to rubber because I don't want anyone to get hurt when they are doing an activity.

I am a student. At my school, there are 2 gyms where one of them is slightly smaller then the other. The smaller gym has a tiled flooring and the larger one has wood flooring. I am wondering if my school should change one or both of the floors to rubber because I don't want anyone to get hurt when they are doing an activity.
I'm sure your school has a good enough insurance policy to cover themselves if someone does get hurt.

And by the way, a person can still hurt themselves on a rubber floor.

Mats. Mats are safer and cheaper than replacing a floor.

Seriously, unless your school has a dedicated cheer gym, you want mats regardless of the surface.

What is safer for one activity isn't necessarily safer for another.

Mats.
She's talking about general physical activity.

CP broke 2 vertebrae - T5&T6 falling onto a brand new rubber gym floor.

ETA: she didn't fall off of anything, either - just fell from her feet onto her back.

I tripped over myself while running on our gym floor, fell wrong and hit my knee just right..Right below my knee swelled instantly and had stayed that way for a good week as well as bruising all down the side of my leg

Back