College Rules For The Basketball Court 14-15?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe full downs are illegal as well. At NCA camps all teams are required to do their full downs on a mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sure hope not. My cp's middle school team did them last year. And, neither that school nor our current school have mats.

@yooolizzi @omgitssydthekid Found this from AACCA

At indoor court-type games such as basketball, the following skills may only be performed during pre-game, halftime,
or post-game (not during timeouts) where the area is free of obstructions and non-cheer personnel, and all
skills are performed on a matted surface.
a. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi-based tosses.
b. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person. Exception: Cupies/awesomes
are allowed with an additional spotter.
c. Flips into or from partner stunts.
d. Inversions. Exception: High school level inversions are allowed. (For example, suspended forward and
backward rolls, low-level inversions, and braced flips with two bracers are allowed. For college, the two
bracers and top person are not required to be double based.
e. Twisting dismounts greater than 1 ¼ rotation. Twisting dismounts up to 1 ¼ rotation on the court require an
additional spotter.
f. Two and one half person high pyramids.
g. Airborne twisting tumbling skills (Arabians, full twisting layouts, etc. Cartwheels, roundoffs and aerial
cartwheels are allowed.)
The above safety rules are general in nature

@yooolizzi @omgitssydthekid Found this from AACCA

At indoor court-type games such as basketball, the following skills may only be performed during pre-game, halftime,
or post-game (not during timeouts) where the area is free of obstructions and non-cheer personnel, and all
skills are performed on a matted surface.
a. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi-based tosses.
b. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person. Exception: Cupies/awesomes
are allowed with an additional spotter.
c. Flips into or from partner stunts.
d. Inversions. Exception: High school level inversions are allowed. (For example, suspended forward and
backward rolls, low-level inversions, and braced flips with two bracers are allowed. For college, the two
bracers and top person are not required to be double based.
e. Twisting dismounts greater than 1 ¼ rotation. Twisting dismounts up to 1 ¼ rotation on the court require an
additional spotter.
f. Two and one half person high pyramids.
g. Airborne twisting tumbling skills (Arabians, full twisting layouts, etc. Cartwheels, roundoffs and aerial
cartwheels are allowed.)
The above safety rules are general in nature
So all stunts, regardless of being college age or high school, should be performed on mats?

No, you can do those as long as they are performed at an appropriate time during the game.Matted surface is for skills listed earlier as being legal as long as done on a matted surface?? I could be off @yooolizzi

Last edited:
My oldest CP cheers for a D1 school, they don't bring mats out, so no twisting dismounts, they don't do baskets, and obv. no fulls in tumbling. Pyramid just one level high not two as they do in football games.

For pyramids, you can do 2 high and pass through 2.5 but not stay at that level.
What's an example of passing through at 2.5 high? Maybe because my brain is fried because finals but I just can't think of anything at the moment lol

What's an example of passing through at 2.5 high? Maybe because my brain is fried because finals but I just can't think of anything at the moment lol

Basically like a flipping braced all girl pyramid (just no rule on amount of people, we used to do them with 4 guys and 3 girls). Top girl can go thru 2.5 but can't stay up there so after the flip they can be caught at a lib or go back down to the ground then back up to a skill.

Basically like a flipping braced all girl pyramid (just no rule on amount of people, we used to do them with 4 guys and 3 girls). Top girl can go thru 2.5 but can't stay up there so after the flip they can be caught at a lib or go back down to the ground then back up to a skill.
She is on small coed team, but the only pyramids they do on basktball is the Wolf Wall, and then braced on both sides flyers flip to back (I call it the turtle bc that is what they look like-not technical term, ha ha) to their back and back up to lib-that's all I have seen. In football they do 2 high, with top falling to back, wolf wall, etc. In their conference not every school has same rules for stunting-some are ground bound, one did not allow for baskets at their football game.

Back