All-Star Save Youth 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

28 only applied to 29, not 30
Correct. The answers are in direct conflict with one another. That is why I am interested to see what the USASF does.
To make it a little easier
#28 Change the grid = NO
#30 Change the age grid to blah blah = YES
You can not have it both ways.

Correct. The answers are in direct conflict with one another. That is why I am interested to see what the USASF does.
To make it a little easier
#28 Change the grid = NO
#30 Change the age grid to blah blah = YES
You can not have it both ways.

One was in reference to changing the age grid with respect to levels. The other was changing the valid ages for each group. They're not the least bit in conflict. Saying you want minis to be 9 and under has no bearing on whether minis can do level 3 or not.

28 is do you want to change the age LEVEL grid
30 is do you want to change the AGE grid

no conflict

if they change the regulations for youth 5 division most gyms are gonna move their athletes up to the junir division.they might as well not call youth 5 "youth 5" if they are gonna change it. they cant take away a childs dream . if some of the people vote to get rid of youth 5 you should she these atheltes tumble. like a punch front through bhs whip whip full double full or just a round of handsprign full i dont care i would hate to see youth 5 go. i mean come on most of the seniors on cheer extreme world cup ca panthers stingrays and many more come from a youth 5 team i mean come on they have to start from somewhere. but before your vote to change regulation go to an allstars gym with a youth 5 team and watch them practice for 10- 30 min you would change your mind completly. please dont let them change youth 5.:mad::)

Having the age grid #30 pass shocked me. Even though it was a somewhat close vote, I really didn't expect to see it close at all. For half of the coaches to vote Yes on this, it makes me wonder what the thought process is behind it? Is this to make up for those kids you lost last year when the age eligibilty date moved to August 31st? So all the kids you lost last year you will gain back.

I have thought about this all afternoon, and I suppose it could make the teams stronger overall, which in turn could make them safer? I don't believe it does any harm to the industry. I can see it upsetting some 15 year olds who are ready to go senior finally, but might be asked to stay down on juniors. As it is, I think many Freshman are upset when asked to stay down, as they are finally in high school and want to be on a "high school" age team. In the same way, I can see it upsetting quite a few 7th graders who are now asked to stay down on youth.

Thoughts?

My problem with Youth Level 5 is that most of the teams I've seen look like sloppy messes....It's great to watch fetuses throw double fulls, but what is being overlooked are the fundamentals...motions, jumps, body positions....I can't say I have ever really enjoyed watching this division, but I do agree that it has a place in our industry..Restrictions need to made in tumbling so we can keep YL5 while allowing these athletes to mature and progress in ALL areas of cheer.

i know that there needs to be any restrictions how many yearss have allstar teams had a youth 5 teaam alot so why change it now???

One was in reference to changing the age grid with respect to levels. The other was changing the valid ages for each group. They're not the least bit in conflict. Saying you want minis to be 9 and under has no bearing on whether minis can do level 3 or not.
28 is do you want to change the age LEVEL grid
30 is do you want to change the AGE grid

no conflict

The AGE grid and the AGE level grid are one and the same document. Of course I could be mistaken, I thought prone meant landing on your stomach, but, apparently it means only if you are at a 45 degree angle(see yo gymtyme aint playing this year thread)

Having the age grid #30 pass shocked me. Even though it was a somewhat close vote, I really didn't expect to see it close at all. For half of the coaches to vote Yes on this, it makes me wonder what the thought process is behind it? Is this to make up for those kids you lost last year when the age eligibilty date moved to August 31st? So all the kids you lost last year you will gain back.

I have thought about this all afternoon, and I suppose it could make the teams stronger overall, which in turn could make them safer? I don't believe it does any harm to the industry. I can see it upsetting some 15 year olds who are ready to go senior finally, but might be asked to stay down on juniors. As it is, I think many Freshman are upset when asked to stay down, as they are finally in high school and want to be on a "high school" age team. In the same way, I can see it upsetting quite a few 7th graders who are now asked to stay down on youth.

Thoughts?
Maybe because it got ZERO discussion on here (because we were all focused on other level 5 things), but I don't even see WHY it was brought up or how it even passed? What was so wrong with the age group before? Now instead of 14 year olds being with kids, you're going to have 15-16 year olds (depending on age cut-offs) with kids (I mean young ones). Don't we already complain about peanuts on senior teams, now we're going to hear about them on junior teams too?

I have thought about this all afternoon, and I suppose it could make the teams stronger overall, which in turn could make them safer? I don't believe it does any harm to the industry. I can see it upsetting some 15 year olds who are ready to go senior finally, but might be asked to stay down on juniors. As it is, I think mauny Freshman are upset when asked to stay down, as they are finally in high school and want to be on a "high school" age team. In the same way, I can see it upsetting quite a few 7th graders who are now asked to stay down on youth.

Thoughts?

How about the poor child who may have to do her 7th season competing as a Mini? Real possibility here.

I was surprised the crossover rule passed so strongly after all that "necessary evil" talk. Reverse Psychology. Well played, NACCC.....I'm on to you.

And the more I think about it the more I think the committee will over-rule the elimination of youth 5. I just really feel that they'll end up restricting it. Tell me, how exactly are we creating a safer place for these athletes to perform and grow by forcing them onto a higher caliber team? Would the better solution not be to just restrict the youth division if the athlete's safety is supposedly a major priority? And I hope that by them moving Youth up to 12, Seniors will have a bottom age of at least 13 by next rule cycle! But that being said, say they do restrict it and so what happens with baskets? Rule #40 states kick doubles are allowed, but then rule #41 takes them away and says no doubling out of anything.

The AGE grid and the AGE level grid are one and the same document. Of course I could be mistaken, I thought prone meant landing on your stomach, but, apparently it means only if you are at a 45 degree angle(see yo gymtyme aint playing this year thread)
Sorry to double post, but I think I can help. By "age" in 28, they meant tiny, mini, youth, junior, senior, international. Not 12, 15, 18, etc. By both passing it basically means you can have 9 year olds on your mini 3 team next year.

Sorry to double post, but I think I can help. By "age" in 28, they meant tiny, mini, youth, junior, senior, international. Not 12, 15, 18, etc. By both passing it basically means you can have 9 year olds on your mini 3 team next year.

I wonder if one of the unintended (or maybe intended) consequences of the age grid change will be more mini 3 teams.

Back