All-Star Save Youth 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

changing the age of youth to 12? ridiculous! that would mean that a child could be on both youth and seniors at the same time............and for my daughter, because of her birthday, she could be on youth while in the 8th grade! Thats insane!

changing the age of youth to 12? ridiculous! that would mean that a child could be on both youth and seniors at the same time............and for my daughter, because of her birthday, she could be on youth while in the 8th grade! Thats insane!

I think the age grid is fine as it is right now. I was thinking what 10 year old would want to be on a mini if they turn 10 after the age cutoff??? My 7 year old is ready to move to youth after this season (she will be 8 as the next season begins)

I think the age grid is fine as it is right now. I was thinking what 10 year old would want to be on a mini if they turn 10 after the age cutoff??? My 7 year old is ready to move to youth after this season (she will be 8 as the next season begins)

I was thinking this too. My poor daughter is probably going to have to do mini's again next year now (she's turning 9 soon). So she'll be turning 10 at the end of her season too--and i don't think she wants to be a mini AGAIN. I understand if she has enough skills she can move up...but she really is just a Level 2 tumbler--I don't think that's going to change by May!

(So obviously I'm all for Youth 5--if your kid has that much skill...they should get to do it! Lord knows my kid is obviously going to be a mini forever, bless her heart! Plus, if Youths can be 12 at the beginning of the season now, they should certainly be able to be Level 5!)

Some people are saying that it was WC's coach Joelle's fault for ending the Youth 5... can someone explain to me whether it is true or not??

Well, it seems since most voted to eliminate it all together, then maybe it wasn't a safety concern to the majority who voted. Maybe it was as simple as, "there are only x number of teams in the country that compete, it's a waste of time".

Some people are saying that it was WC's coach Joelle's fault for ending the Youth 5... can someone explain to me whether it is true or not??

That is rumor people implied from other posts. Best thing to do is confirm it with Joelle yourself.

Back