Scale Help??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2011
I have longish legs and when I grab my ankle in my scales, I notice my knees are bent sort of.

I can straighten my legs, but where exactly would I grab if I can pull one really high?

my cp's scale is very high and she has long legs. She grabs her ankle and pushes through her toes really hard against her hand. If grabbed near her knee, it wouldn't be as high and would look very wide (hers is nearly straight up and down). Idk if this is what everyone else does

if your back is flexible enough, you should be able to grab your ankle or close to it and straighten it by pulling your leg up, but if that's not the case, moving your hand closer to your knee should allow you to straighten it!

what my coaches always say is "shin and extend!" after your scale is up work on pulling the back of your knee to your head! haha, it sounds funny but it really works!!:)

I tell my kids to grab somewhere between ankle and knee and pull up. Find the lowest point that you can grab and lock out the knee.

I have longish legs and when I grab my ankle in my scales, I notice my knees are bent sort of.

I can straighten my legs, but where exactly would I grab if I can pull one really high?

grab close to your ankle then use your arm to pull it closer to your body then you can try to straighten your knee and keep pulling it higher and higher it works for me. i pull it as high as i can until i feel it in my bottom leg

i also have quite longish legs ;) but my skills are very pretty!
im the green one in my avatar

Back