All-Star Scavenger Hunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 28, 2009
My kids are going to Chicago this weekend for the American Classic Nationals, and I really want to do a scavenger hunt. I've seen lots of talk about this happening at other comps, but I need details.
First, this is my first time doing this, so I really need ideas. I have a few things, but could reallllllly use some more help. What did you guys look for? What was on the list?
Second, what were prizes? Logistics? How did you split up into teams? I'm thinking about letting the girls form their own groups of 3-5 (since I know some won't want to do it) but I also don't want someone left out or without a group.
Third, I know some people on here are from teams attending. Is anyone willing to be part of it? I know GBE will be there, along with a lot of Illinois teams. I don't want to freak people out, but I want to put some hard ones too. :)

GIVE ME IDEAS! I'm super excited about this, and want it to be a really fun time for my girls. I promise if you are at the competition and see them doing this my kids are really sweet and goofy and will love it if you help them!

This is a cool idea, I never thought of doing it at a competition, my girls are doing one around their town before NCA. I've never been to Chicago so I don't have any specific ideas but I like to have them do a heal stretch in front of the object or place or build a stunt with the object (they have to take pictures).

I've never done one for allstar competitions, but we always did one for school cheer and the way it worked was that we were given 1 list per group of possible photo ops. Each thing on the list had a point value (5 for easy, 10 for medium, 15 for hard, and then usually a couple ridiculous ones for more points that you had to be creative with or really lucky to actually get) and then the group with the most added up points overall won. To ensure that everyone has a group, maybe have the girls pre-sign up for who wants to participate and then help them make groups from all that want to participate if they cannot figure it out on their own.

Rules:
-You are not allowed to do anything that could cause possible injury or points will be taken away from your group!
-You must be polite and respectful during the hunt. If someone does not want to take pictures with you, you must respect that wish.
-Running is prohibited during the hunt.

Possible Picture Ideas:
-3 different team uniforms with their owners hitting a peace sign
-high fiving a staff member
- a crazy spirit mom or dad in the stands (+5 for the group that finds one with the best outfit)
-a "cheer celebrity"
-a redheaded cheerleader
- the sparkliest shoes you can find
-1 person taller, you, 1 person shorter
-twins
- an action shot of a cheerleading move
-a sign that has "Chicago" on it
-the coolest bow you can find (+5 for the person wearing the most bows)
- a conga line (+1 for every additional person in the line that is not on your team)
- "proposing" to someone from another gym
- the goofiest faces you can make
- "Im a cool guy" pose (+5 if its with a guy cheerleader)
- "diva pose"

We did one at Worlds last year! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

Since we were a Coed team all of the boys were "captains" and did the typical each team picks one person at a time as you would in school. We were then given a list of tasks to complete! Lets see how many I can remember; 1. Picture with Disney Staff 2. Picture in another teams uniform. 3. Picture with another team member in your teams uniform. 4. Picture of you team in a pool with your clothes on. 5. Trade shirts with another team. 6. Find the organization logo in the playground.... that's all I can remember.

Ours wasn't based on who was done first, but who got all of them done by our team meeting!

My coach has said we're doing one for our competition in February.
I know one of my coach's ideas was pictures with another team, and then we have some that we need to find in the service stations on the way to the comp, some at the hotel and some at the venue. And I'm pretty sure ours will be on a who finishes first type thing :D

If the competition has a mascot you could get them to get a picture doing funny poses with the mascot. Or like the most different teams/members from other teams you can get in one picture.

We did one at Worlds last year! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

Since we were a Coed team all of the boys were "captains" and did the typical each team picks one person at a time as you would in school. We were then given a list of tasks to complete! Lets see how many I can remember; 1. Picture with Disney Staff 2. Picture in another teams uniform. 3. Picture with another team member in your teams uniform. 4. Picture of you team in a pool with your clothes on. 5. Trade shirts with another team. 6. Find the organization logo in the playground.... that's all I can remember.

Ours wasn't based on who was done first, but who got all of them done by our team meeting!
I saw a few teams at worlds doing this it looked like so much fun especially for a younger team :)

Here's some more random photo ideas that could work:
-Everyone in the group sitting in one chair
-Something that begins with the letter Z
-Posing like a scene from a disney movie
-Your group being chased by another group
- "I can't believe we all fit in here!"
-Capture your reflection in an unexpected place (Mirrors don't count!)
- The entire group connected with exactly 3 feet & 2 hands touching the ground. No more and no less!
-Spell out the gym name/gym abreviation with something other than writing utensils/paper (+5 for the most creative)
-sing/ rap a friendly song to a stranger
-do a good deed

Here's some more random photo ideas that could work:
-Everyone in the group sitting in one chair
-Something that begins with the letter Z
-Posing like a scene from a disney movie
-Your group being chased by another group
- "I can't believe we all fit in here!"
-Capture your reflection in an unexpected place (Mirrors don't count!)
- The entire group connected with exactly 3 feet & 2 hands touching the ground. No more and no less!
-Spell out the gym name/gym abreviation with something other than writing utensils/paper (+5 for the most creative)
-sing/ rap a friendly song to a stranger
-do a good deed

love this idea sounds hysterical

love this idea sounds hysterical
Its a great team building activity too! Make groups, and give each group a certain number of hands and feet allowed to touch the ground and see which group can make it to the end of the mat first :p

Back