OT School Discussions!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Is that money you pay back just for tuition or does that include living expenses too? I was lucky enough to pay a lot less than that per year for college tuition in the US, but adding in rent, food, etc is a different story. I like that you don't have to pay it back until you're making a certain amount. Here you can wait a little while to start paying it back, but usually only like a year or so max after you graduate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
It doesn't include living expenses. But Aus has a very different college culture than the US, in that the majority of students often stay at home for university, at least for the first few years. And if they move out, it's usually with a few roommates rather than to residential colleges (a lot of universities don't have on-site housing). So everyone's living expenses are different. However there are little scholarships and government youth allowances that can cover rent and food.

Tuition in Australia used to be 100% free... But $7000 per year, paid back very slowly over a number of years, is still a huge amount better than the $200000+ I'll likely owe for my degree here...

Its incredible how different the school systems are in the UK compared to the US. I'm still dreaming (aged 21) of being a high school cheerleader though... :cheering:

Its incredible how different the school systems are in the UK compared to the US. I'm still dreaming (aged 21) of being a high school cheerleader though... :cheering:
Hey! I see you're new to the boards, welcome.

While it's great you're getting a feel for the place by using the search function and reading old threads, try not to comment on ones that are a bit old such as this. A lot of the time the conversation has ended a while back.

Nice to see more UK people on the board! Get ready to join the graveyard shift crew come World's :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I'm not in any honor classes (LOL), but me doing allstar and school cheer 4 out of 7 days (plus, 2-day competitions) a week is a good excuse for not doing homework for me. lawl
(convo is back on track)

Back