OT School Parking Spots

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Absolutely nothing. Someone parks in your spot and well, it happens. Of course, if you're in the back then no one is trying to take your spot, but most people respect the spot they have. I think you have to pay either 20 or 40 dollars a YEAR for a parking spot so everyone follows the rules. Usually only friends take each others parking spots to PO the other, but that usually results in obscene things being drawn on the car hahahha. Spots are first come first serve, but the first few are reserved for the school officers, so no one takes those.

Wow I cant believe all these stories. Why do y'all have to pay so much to park and or not have parking lots. This is crazy...

I've been driving to school by myself since I was 15 on a permit. About 2 months into my 10th grade year was when I started.
(yes my mom was not suppose to let me drive by myself with a permit but she did. It was like 15 mins away)

I turned 16 that year but didn't get my license till summer after 10th grade. So I drove almost all of 10th grade on a permit.

Jr and Sr year I had a license and drove all that time. I would not have been at school a lot if they didn't allow us to drive to school or if parking would have been a problem. So wow it's crazy how things are so different everywhere! The bus was to early for me because we had to ride with middle schoolers and they went to school before us so I would have been stuck on the bus for 1.5hrs lol I was not doing that
Haha, I wish my mom let me drive with my permit! I lived under a mile away & still wouldn't! lol

If you find parking a pain in HS just wait till college, its 100x worse... gooodluck

at my school only seniors can park in the parking lot...permits are i think 15 bucks and i think at most there's maybe 200 spots total... the rest of the drivers have to parallel park across the streeet... cant parallel park? u dont drive to school:p... they bring drug dogs to our school every week and on top of searching every classroom, they search around every car lol they dont play!

At my children's high school it's $100 for the year, assigned spaces starting with seniors and going down until the spaces are full. Campus safety boots cars parked in the wrong spot and fines must be paid. If you drive a car that is not the registered one...better let them know, that is a ticket and another fine.

at my school only seniors can park in the parking lot...permits are i think 15 bucks and i think at most there's maybe 200 spots total... the rest of the drivers have to parallel park across the streeet... cant parallel park? u dont drive to school:p... they bring drug dogs to our school every week and on top of searching every classroom, they search around every car lol they dont play!

Looks like I would be taking the bus..........

Back when I was in high school, parking permits I think we're $15 or $20 (they're now $30). We didn't have assigned parking spots at all, but since my school was relatively new, parking was never an issue. Our second parking lots almost never had anyone parked in it. Now though, when I've driven by my old high school during the day, both parking lots are completely full. :eek: I think it's crazy the difference in the amount of teenagers driving between 06-08 and now. But also since my high school is in the middle of a neighborhood, a lot of people just parked down the street to save their money and walked because it was about the same distance from the parking lot to the school as it was from the neighborhood to the school, just on the other side lol. (But my high school had other ridiculous rules we had to deal with that were much more annoying, like you couldn't wear any type of jacket, zip up, hoodies, or otherwise, during school hours).

Now in college, my parking fees are only $25 per quarter (so $75 a year if you don't take summer classes). And I'm glad it's only $25 because parking is just ugh. I go to a community college, so everyone commutes. There's almost NEVER anywhere to park and being an urban campus, you have to be careful where you park because they'll tow you in about .2 seconds for being in the wrong place. It got to the point where parking was so bad, people were making their own parking spaces on the ends of rows, making it impossible to even get through the parking lot, and the people speeding through the parking lots weren't helping either, so they eventually had to put up barriers, lol. But we probably have around 3,000 (possibly less) parking spots for about 30,000 students on campus (with more online & at off campus centers). It's ridiculous. And my college just keeps having a bigger enrollment every year so parking is just so much worse every fall.

This is a random story..
It doesn't really have to do with school parking but it does have to do with parking spots and tickets.

A little over a year ago one of my good friends had got in some trouble and went to jail. He really wanted people to go to court on his court day to see what he was going to be charged with. So I took off of work and got there at 8am. Since he was locked up at the time I didn't expect it to take all that long because before when I had went to court they would always call the people who were incarcerated first so they could be taken back soon.

So anyways when I got to court I put enough change in to hold my meter for 2hrs. At about 10 I was mad he still ain't been called so I put in enough for another hour. I didn't bring that much change with me since I didn't think we would be there all day.

So I just let my meter expire and when we got lunch at 12 I realized I had got a parking ticket. I believe it was 15$. Anyways I was frustrated but oh well it was only 15$.

We went to eat at subway and since we got back so quickly I seen my same metered parking spot was still open. I had got change at subway but once I seen the same spot was still open. I said forget giving them my change I'm going to park here. Put my ticket back on my window like I never left and now I don't have to worry about it.

I didn't know they could re ticket you every hour. I didn't leave close till 4 and I had 4 more tickets. Talk about an expensive parking space for 1 day of parking I had 75$ in tickets.

And to add to the frustration. At 4 when it got down to like us, and two other families they asked who we were with and they told us that he was back there but because of some motion that happened they moved his court day. I think me and his whole family left mad... Maybe they should of announced it. Haha idk it was just my luck so I accomplished nothing but paid 75$ to be bored and listen to other peoples problem and took off work so I was missing money on my pay check. Lol never again.

I only told the whole story for anyone who ever thinks like me that they can't ticket u more then once in the same day!

I go to a school that has 2,156 students enrolled , soooo we don't have assigned parking spots. I'm sure as long as you have a $5 parking pass you can park wherever you want. My bestfriends sister is senior class president and she can never get a spot anywhere near the front.

idk what they cost at high school but the parking is so strict that if you don't have the pass you WILL get a big ticket. My sister had her pass on the seat and was running late to class. She forgot to put the sign on her rearview mirror. She did get a ticket but she sorted it out

Parking passes at my daughter's HS cost $30.00 for the year. She goes to a relatively small HS (we live in a smaller community). Any student once they reach 16 can drive to school - so sophomores are allowed parking passes. They just have to display/hang their pass from the rear view mirror inside the car. Seniors pick their spot during the summer and paint/decorate that spot - which is their reserved spot for the year. There seems to be enough parking in the student lot - there are other areas by the school the kids will park in that don't have passes - a small little lot down the road. I think if a car is found in the student parking area with no pass, they try and track down the student to have them move it - other than that I am not sure if there are fines or not.

Lol, here in FL, 90% of drivers at my school would NOT be driving to school! loll

Back