OT School Parking Spots

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Parking passes at my daughter's HS cost $30.00 for the year. She goes to a relatively small HS (we live in a smaller community). Any student once they reach 16 can drive to school - so sophomores are allowed parking passes. They just have to display/hang their pass from the rear view mirror inside the car. Seniors pick their spot during the summer and paint/decorate that spot - which is their reserved spot for the year. There seems to be enough parking in the student lot - there are other areas by the school the kids will park in that don't have passes - a small little lot down the road. I think if a car is found in the student parking area with no pass, they try and track down the student to have them move it - other than that I am not sure if there are fines or not.
That's what my school USED to do (till this year, the year I get a senior spot -_-) Because they repaved the parking lot or whatever :p So many peoples spots would be so creative!

at my school only juniors and seniors are allowed to drive, and there is only one parking lot and it's basically first come first served. and there is no fee to have your parking permit, unless you lose it, then you have to pay $25

In our school only seniors can apply for parking spots. Our school is huge and we don't have enough spots for juniors to park also, and in NJ you have to be 17 to get your license so obviously sophomores can not drive to school.

At the high school I attended anyone (Freshman-Junior) could parallel park on the street for free (it wasn't school property technically) and the church next to the school let us use the gravel lot.

Senior year you bought (I think) an assigned parking spot in the senior lot.

Now...I don't know what they do. The church lot is now a Golds Gym parking lot...the street you supposedly need passes for and I think they have to pay now and they are raffled off in a lottery (and silent auction)....and then theres the senior lot.

I would flat out not gone to school if I'd had to ride a school bus...I'm pretty sure my sister that is in high school feels the same way

Parking in college and grad school is a pain. I'm the only person I know that has never had a campus parking ticket

in my school they only have a senior parking lot which can only fit like 20 cars i think. Each marking period they pick new people to get the spots, which we call the blue and gold pass, i don't think it cost money. If your not a senior or are a senior and don't get the parking spot you can park around the school or anywhere else you can find a spot.

At my school we have a lot for visitors/staff and those seniors who are in the top of their class in the front of the school. Over by the football field is junior/senior lot (fornt half is seniors, back half is juniors). Then there's the tennis court lot ALL the way in the back. However, people park on the gravel by the fence of the football field. Passes cost $60-$75. Sophomores can drive to school and it gets annoying when one parks in the junior lot because then a junior has to park in the gravel and walk about 5 minutes to get to the school. Also, if you get to school around 8:30 or later the senior/junior lot is filled and have to park in the very back.

in my school they only have a senior parking lot which can only fit like 20 cars i think. Each marking period they pick new people to get the spots, which we call the blue and gold pass, i don't think it cost money. If your not a senior or are a senior and don't get the parking spot you can park around the school or anywhere else you can find a spot.
Only 20?? Is your school private or just reallly small? lol!

at my school i think its $150 (well worth it though ahha) only for seniors and juniors have to park at this parking lot thats about 5 to 7 minute walk to the school

at my school i think its $150 (well worth it though ahha) only for seniors and juniors have to park at this parking lot thats about 5 to 7 minute walk to the school
I don't get how $150 for a parking spot is worth it! All the local schools (that I know of) are under $40!

College is sooo much worse!! and the police are ticket nazis! I had to turn in a paper to a teacher but the closest commuter lot was a 20 minute walk from the building...so of course I quickly parking in the staff lot and ran in to turn my paper in. I wasn't in the building for more than A MINUTE! and I came out to a $32 ticket on my car. Like the cop had to have been watching and writing the ticket before I even parked.

Back