High School Schools With Custom Copyrighted Logos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Official OWECheer

Most likely to post anywhere
Jan 16, 2014
A la North Laurel, Bob Jones, Burlington Township, etc. Are any of you in the same situation? What where the costs to get patented? Does getting logo trill on your uniforms (if you do) increase the cost much? Have you ever introduced the idea of a custom logo for the school's teams to your AD or principal? I'm interested to know.

Our mascot is the Rebels and we borrow heavily from Ole Miss. I am fairly certain that our M with Rebels across it logo on our basketball court uses the same fonts that I have seen on some stuff from Ole Miss.

We might be in the clear since they aren't using the colonel any longer.

I would imagine if a school had a unique and original design that it would be different.

Interesting ideas, as always!

Our mascot is the Rebels and we borrow heavily from Ole Miss. I am fairly certain that our M with Rebels across it logo on our basketball court uses the same fonts that I have seen on some stuff from Ole Miss.

We might be in the clear since they aren't using the colonel any longer.

I would imagine if a school had a unique and original design that it would be different.

Interesting ideas, as always!
I love college logos, can't blame them! My favorite is the UF Gator Head. The combination of colors is just perfect.

A la North Laurel, Bob Jones, Burlington Township, etc. Are any of you in the same situation? What where the costs to get patented? Does getting logo trill on your uniforms (if you do) increase the cost much? Have you ever introduced the idea of a custom logo for the school's teams to your AD or principal? I'm interested to know.
We have a custom logo. It's on one of our uniforms and on most practice wear or bows. We got those uniforms years ago, so don't quote me but I think it was only $30 per uniform for a 3 layer plus a one time set up for the conversion. I can't remember the conversion price but it was all pretty cheap. Much cheaper than having our mascot or school name spelled out (long word problems!) Our logo isn't patented, it wouldn't be worth the time or money, nor do I know if it really even applies. Technically it is copyright though because I created it. We are the only team that uses it. The school has it's own logo, if you want to call it that. They "borrowed" it from an NFL team. It's hideous so I avoid using it at all costs!

We have a custom logo. It's on one of our uniforms and on most practice wear or bows. We got those uniforms years ago, so don't quote me but I think it was only $30 per uniform for a 3 layer plus a one time set up for the conversion. I can't remember the conversion price but it was all pretty cheap. Much cheaper than having our mascot or school name spelled out (long word problems!) Our logo isn't patented, it wouldn't be worth the time or money, nor do I know if it really even applies. Technically it is copyright though because I created it. We are the only team that uses it. The school has it's own logo, if you want to call it that. They "borrowed" it from an NFL team. It's hideous so I avoid using it at all costs!
Is it text-based or a mascot logo? The logo that the cheer program uses, I mean.

Neither? haha. It's not our mascot directly but is related to that. It's one simple image, no text. There is a letter built into it, but it's part of the design, not really a text.
Lol. That is perfectly clear.

Do you guys use the logo on practice wear as well? And do you know whether it would be possible to do that if uniforms/warmups and practice shirts are ordered from two different vendors?
Yes. It's not currently on our warm-ups but has been in the past. It's been on most of our practice wear, rhinestones, bags, bows, hoodies, print materials, car decals, you name it. Many different vendors. I think a key is that the logo is ours. I created it and have the file on my computer ready to send to whichever vendor needs it. It's not something Varsity or another uniform company did for us. I can see where if it is something a uniform company created, using it elsewhere could be challenging. However anyone with a basic knowledge of adobe illustrator or another similar program could convert the artwork to the type of file needed to use it on other items.

Yes. It's not currently on our warm-ups but has been in the past. It's been on most of our practice wear, rhinestones, bags, bows, hoodies, print materials, car decals, you name it. Many different vendors. I think a key is that the logo is ours. I created it and have the file on my computer ready to send to whichever vendor needs it. It's not something Varsity or another uniform company did for us. I can see where if it is something a uniform company created, using it elsewhere could be challenging. However anyone with a basic knowledge of adobe illustrator or another similar program could convert the artwork to the type of file needed to use it on other items.
I'm decent with text-based logos, not sure how proficiency I'd be with image-based or combination logos.

I'm decent with text-based logos, not sure how proficiency I'd be with image-based or combination logos.
My go to is the live trace. There are a ton of tutorials online. If it's an image that won't work with that then sometimes I'll whip out the pen tool and redraw it myself by tracing it by hand. Takes a bit of time. If that passes your ability, then a lot of screen printers can convert artwork and many will send you the vector file if you ask for it.

Back