Score Sheet From 1st Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 14, 2014
I need some input! We won first at our competition this week but had some comments on things to fix in our routine! I understand them but then don't at the same time! Ok here they are, add variety in stunts and add moving transitions in stunts? Just some opinions would be nice thanks :)

Moving transitions in stunts:

Do all of your stunts just go straight up? Can you add some creative transitions to get kids up into stunts?

Variety:

Are all flyers hitting the same positions? Do your stunts move at all? Depending on your level, you can add in some rotating stunt sequences.)

1st stunt we do handstand onto shoulders up to extension then feet together turn to the front cradle reload up to lib switch lib then belly cradle!
2nd stunt we do 2 man stunts up to extension come down back up to heel stretch but two of our girls do lib cause they can't pull heel stretch and then arabesque down

All the body positions are to the front. Can your flyers hit a scorp or scale? If so those would add variety. Can you walk the extensions?

We are working on flexibility now for our next competition! Our extension starts facing the back and turns we could walk a little!

We are working on flexibility now for our next competition! Our extension starts facing the back and turns we could walk a little!
Maybe use the counts you were turning to walk it and then quarter cradle to one side and unload? I don't know what level you are, but if that is legal it looks neat.

If you have the counts, depending on how many stunt groups you have going up, alternate their timing. Two go up on the same count with the other two going two or four counts later, same with dismounting. Perhaps have the two libs that can't heel stretch do a dismount (cradle or prone or even a reload) while the others do heel stretch then they can go back up and hit the arabesque. If you have the handstand up to shoulders perhaps have 2 do that and 2 do a inverted cartwheel up to shoulders just to add variety.

Back