Senior Age And World’s Age Eligible Age

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by mama2twinsplus1, Jan 15, 2019.

1. AshleyErin

AshleyErin I Fierce Board instead of work/study Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    My bases don't move, but thanks for your concern!

2. catlady

catlady Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Much respect to both HS and AS athletes. @OldskoolKYcheercoach why would an AS coach, that's paid to win AS competitions, concentrate on HS or college cheer? The kids I know that cheer both HS and AS say it's comparing apples to oranges, and have no problem saying they couldn't complete their AS routine, stamina wise, with their HS flyers and vice versa.

I would love for some of these parents that are so adamant about raising the age to post videos lifting, tossing and catching a 40 lb cat litter bucket for 2 1/2 minutes and then tell us how those joints are feeling. The AS kids that are serious about College cheer know what their requirements are and are in the gym working on their own time, and there are plenty of AS kids in college cheer. Tell me those flyers don't look tiny in comparison:

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Amen. I based littles in AS. When I moved on to college cheer, I hit the weight room, learned to fly, and became a dual base/flyer and mid. Those who are committed have no trouble making it work.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. AshleyErin

AshleyErin I Fierce Board instead of work/study Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    A-freaking-men. I cheered HS and all star and would NEVER be able to do my all star or college routine if I wasn't trained in all star, but I wouldn't be able to cheer gameday in college without my HS training. When I decided to cheer in college as a 5ft tall base with most of my skills learned in all star I made sure I trained so hard that they had no choice but to keep me for my stunting ability. It helps that I had some of the best coaches in the country and was pushed towards coaching because of how passionate they were.