Senior Level 6?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm an acro coach as well as coaching cheer so I know what your talking about even if nobody else does :)
I would find the idea of people without a lot of training and experience trying to coach the type of acro skills I think you are suggesting terrifying though.
Oh I agree! It's just what popped into my head when I thought of level seven:)

I'm an acro coach as well as coaching cheer so I know what your talking about even if nobody else does :)
I would find the idea of people without a lot of training and experience trying to coach the type of acro skills I think you are suggesting terrifying though.

I know! If you watch some videos of Lousville from the 80s on YouTube, they used to do a lot of that stuff. And some of the stuff that A&T/STUNT does now where they start standing in basket tosses, etc.

Level 7? It's weird to think about that, but I think if there was a level 7 the stunts would be similar to things that the Acro duo's and trios (or whatever) do. Not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
i know what you are talking about but I say leave the ACRO with the gymnasts. that stuff is crazier than what we do as cheerleaders.

v

i know what you are talking about but I say leave the ACRO with the gymnasts. that stuff is crazier than what we do as cheerleaders.

v
I know. I wasn't saying that we should start doing those things, I just ment thats what I could see a level 7 turning into. Would it be safe, not at all. And doubt there would be many teams in that divison if it was like acro.

I like the direct cheer is going. Yes, I love onodi's and rudis. but I feel that should stay heavier in the gymanstics world. the WORLDS Score sheets had devalued tumbling, just because you have the most doublefulls doesnt make you the better squad. just my opinion! :)

Level 7-
Double Backs, Standing Fulls/ Standing Dub., Aerial Cartwheel, Kick Double Fulls, Piked Skills

Double Ups, Triple Downs, 1 man stunts, 4+ Trick baskets, The ability to be thrown over someone else with no connection( Front flip over a prep)
Basicly a free for all throw your hardest skills with out much of any safety rules. A 1 man stunt what if something happends someone chould be hurt badly. Dub backs I've seen people fall 1 too many times trying that. I mean if you think about it most of the things listed are just things you cant do in all the levels purly too keep the athleats from getting hurt incase of an acadent.

One reason you don't see that many level 6 teams in the US that have true level 6 skills is because there are not that many coaches at these all start gyms that should be teaching level 6 stunts, pryamids, and baskets. The fact that 90% of the Level 6 teams i see at worlds or at any other competition scare the crap out of me makes me think that more time need to be used to master levels 1-5 before throwing level 6 into the senior mix.

Understood. But as I said, those were some of the best. Outside the top 10-15 teams in each division (and much less in several divisions) and April won't look better.
I'm agree with your overall point. It is just tough not to want to defend those athletes when there is an implicit criticism of their performances.

I'm agree with your overall point. It is just tough not to want to defend those athletes when there is an implicit criticism of their performances.

Then you read into it something that I didn't really intend. I know several of the kids on multiple teams, so my comment wasn't meant to belittle the performance or as a criticism with the negative connotations that are attached to that word.

Those 9 teams (and please don't read that I'm excluding WC or GA or Cali, etc) represent the top athletes in this sport. And as advanced as they are, the skills they are performing are incredibly difficult. When even THOSE teams have trouble, we still have work to do.

Is that a better phrasing?

Honestly, I have to agree w/ Acedad... I mean lets face it, most level 5 teams are not clean and perfected and I believe most younger levels aren't either, this needs to be worked on first!

Should there be a Senior/Senior Coed Level 6 in the future? Should there be International Open Coed Level 7? What would their skills consist of (even though that's terrible grammar?)
No S6 because its the same as level 5 but I think the level 7 team shouldn't be made but instead make level 6 double backs

So obviously, yall aren't Sr 6 fans, but why would it be so unsafe? Cheerleaders get better and better, younger and younger. In 10-15 years, there are going to be some insane athletes out there who grew up doing all this, and started at a much younger age.
There's going to have to be progression in levels to accomodate the rapid progression in skill.

I didn't read the whole thread, I just skimmed through the first page. We already have smaller gyms pushing to be Level 5, and sometimes, at a dangerous level. Id hate to see a small gym try and coach Level 6 Skills. Aye Yi Yi!

Back