OT Senior year advice.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
May 27, 2013
Less than a month, and I start my final year as a Lion. I'm really bittersweet about it, and want to make the most of my senior year of high school. BESIDES the obvious "turn in your college apps on time!" and "make your grades count!" advice, any other tips for making it the best year yet?

Hey, I'm a senior next year too! I'm so excited, nervous, and a bit sad too. From everything my friends have told me, the most important thing is to get so involved with everything school has to offer. Go out for clubs, go to spirit events and games, and be involved with the school, especially since it is the last time you can enjoy some of those types of events. It helps to build school spirit and appreciation, and you can make new friends and build current friendships!

These all sound obvious BUT I'm only saying them because it's true

take LOTS of pictures. That's the only way you'll really be able to hold on to all of those memories.
When you're given an opportunity, take it! You'll remember the nights where you were out having fun doing crazy things (not too crazy, you're still underage lol) with your friends over the nights you kept your head in a book. - with that being said, don't go SO crazy that you completely blow your grades senior year. Because that way you may not stay on the honor roll = no tassles for you at graduation!

In addition to all of the stuff above, I'd say to cherish your time with your family. If you go away to college, you'll miss them dearly at some point, so spend time with them while you can. Even if its something simple like watching your mom's favorite show with her every Tuesday night, she will love it and in the future you'll be glad you did it.

The Fierce Board App!

I'm gonna be a senior this year too...any advice for the cheer side of senior year? I just can't even begin to process the thought that in 10 months I'm not going to be doing allstar anymore...it really breaks my heart!

I'm gonna be a senior this year too...any advice for the cheer side of senior year? I just can't even begin to process the thought that in 10 months I'm not going to be doing allstar anymore...it really breaks my heart!
cherish every single moment and when you say "I don't want to go to practice" or "I don't want to get up early for a competition" just take it back because you truly don't know what you have until it's gone.

Sadly, my senior year was my first and last year of allstars so I always knew not to take each moment for granted. Spend as much time in the gym as possible and be a leader for the younger girls. I already miss it like crazy, but I always know I have a home to come back to during school breaks :)

The only advice I have is to let yourself be busy, but keep time for yourself. Next year you'll be sharing a building with potentially hundreds of other girls. Cherish your alone time. Go to all the school dances. Buy every stupid tshirt someone tries to sell you. Friday night football games are a must, even if you hate football. Spend lots of time with your family, you'll regret not doing that once you move out. Start applying for colleges early, you'll have a better chance of getting the dorms you want. Do NOT let senioritis get the best of you, even after you've gotten into the schools you want to go to. Take a crap ton of pictures and clean up your social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Vine, twitter). And my biggest regret was having a boyfriend, I wish I had stayed single but do whatever works for you!:) have fun, it really is the time of your life!

The only advice I have is to let yourself be busy, but keep time for yourself. Next year you'll be sharing a building with potentially hundreds of other girls. Cherish your alone time. Go to all the school dances. Buy every stupid tshirt someone tries to sell you. Friday night football games are a must, even if you hate football. Spend lots of time with your family, you'll regret not doing that once you move out. Start applying for colleges early, you'll have a better chance of getting the dorms you want. Do NOT let senioritis get the best of you, even after you've gotten into the schools you want to go to. Take a crap ton of pictures and clean up your social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Vine, twitter). And my biggest regret was having a boyfriend, I wish I had stayed single but do whatever works for you!:) have fun, it really is the time of your life!
I was with the same guy for all 3 years of highschool....it is one of my biggest regrets now..
make sure to make time for your friends and laugh ALOT!

Back