All-Star Seriously

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
If I see one more team put up all their stunts in a line and have all the flyers go up and hold each other and a body position... I'm going to die

It's no longer original/creative/unique

I saw someone on here call it "paper dolls" ...I don't like it either. Watching Jamfest Cheer Nationals I saw like 4390 teams do that...way to be cutting edge guys. (Pun intended hehe)

Back in the day, before they were made illegal from one girl falling and pulling them all down, every team that could muster up enough extended stunts did "paper-dolls" (extensions, libs, stretches, scales and the arabesque paper-dolls). Rule changes have made them legal again so even though its the "new" thing it's been around long enough to give us old timers deja-vu.

Back in the day, before they were made illegal from one girl falling and pulling them all down, every team that could muster up enough extended stunts did "paper-dolls" (extensions, libs, stretches, scales and the arabesque paper-dolls). Rule changes have made them legal again so even though its the "new" thing it's been around long enough to give us old timers deja-vu.

you beat me to it

you beat me to it

LOL. And when you tell allstar cheerleaders people fell from holding on they don't factor in that paper-dolls were mostly done by college coed teams with no side spots (or spotters at all) on the football field or the basketball court and the most typical mistake was one falling off the back (still attached at the arm to the others) . This included practices. I was always stunned when I was working NCA staff and the facilities had carpet-bonded foam to roll out. That was just the most amazing thing to me and it was 1993-94. (first year on staff)

I loooove when odyssey does it at the end of thier pyramaid.

i agree. i was thinking of that but they did it kind of better than usual. it's like. so unique when they do it since wc doesn't do it often. but theres about 10 stunts of it. its like WABAM .. oooooh.

I remember when I was on Y2 like 6 years ago and a team against us did heel stretch paper dolls and it's not that fabulous but for some reason my whole team was amazed and we thought the other team was so good.

Paper Dolls remind me a lot of college cheer because you see them done a lot at footballs and basketball games. They look nice if all the stretches look good and are raised at about the same height. I think WC Ody pulls it off nicely in their pyramid but then other teams is looks sloppy.

I loooove when odyssey does it at the end of thier pyramaid.
I'm sorry, my entire world was just thrown. There's another Kristen. Holy heck.

And to the thread- I'm over it. At first I was like 'Oh, that's unique.' But at least two WC teams are doing them, plus a bunch of other teams. I just don't know how this went from being a throwback to EVERYONE doing them this year..what magically made people go for it?

You pretty much HAVE to end in a paper doll on a large team. It is the only Level 5 'picture' you can do in cheerleading. At Cheersport with their Level 5 pyramid requirements and how easy it is you will pretty much see every single team do it.

Side note, because it has added nothing id prefer it go back to being illegal (or not worth anything). Either is fine.

Off topic, but another pyramid that kills me is when the high flyers are on the same leg. If you can't get a girl to fly on opposite leg, you've failed as a coach. I see level 5 teams doing it sometimes. Like what?

Back