OT Share Your True Paranormal Experiences

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The house I grew up in was over 100 years old and was very much a 'fixer upper'. The room off my room was super creepy, like previous owners had an outline of a body drawn in chalk on a wall with a bunch of unrecognizable writing next to it. It also had one of those little creepy doors by the floor to store stuff in. Anyhow, that door would never stay closed! I always felt creeped out and did my best to keep it shut.

Going down the stairs, it always felt like there was someone behind me and not a nice feeling. More like they'd love to shove me down the stairs. It was so creepy, I'd always go downstairs saying the Lord's Prayer. I also had stuff come up missing inexplicably. It was random, stupid stuff, like a pair of socks I grabbed to put on would just vanish never to be seen again (it was a memorable pair).

Then when I was older, I remember on more than one occasion being upstairs in my room and hearing someone yell my name from downstairs. I'd go downstairs just to find I was the only one home.

The creepiest was the time I had been upstairs in my room for hours with the door closed. Our house being old, was a bit lopsided so if I didn't latch the door it would swing open. Well after being up there reading for an hour or so, my door pops open. I thought it was my brother messing with me, so I went to his room and no one was there. So I thought maybe the dog knocked it open...so I checked under my brother's bed and closet. no dog. It was downstairs in his crate. No one else was home. Needless to say, I didn't stay home alone if I didn't have to.

Oddly enough after my parents remodeled the upstairs, it didn't have that vibe anymore. So apparently whatever was there didn't like the redo.

Its not paranormal, but definitely NOT a coincedence..

I used to work retail, and me and another cashier were standing at the register talking about the devil and sharing our experiences. We were talking about wether or not we believe.. Then a customer came to the register and her total came to $6.66

I refused to say the total so I just showed the woman the screen and she gave me 10.00 and I gave her the change.

I'll never forget it!
Creepy!

@AngelsMum24 did you ever learn about the house's history?

Creepy!

@AngelsMum24 did you ever learn about the house's history?
No, I never did. I didn't even talk about the freakin' cellar in that house. We had to put the 'smashed cans' for recycling down there. Dad would get mad because the bags would be everywhere because I refused to go into the cellar. I ran to the last stair, threw the bag in and ran back up to slam the cellar door (entry from the outside) back down. I have no doubt the house was haunted.

Funny thing is, the house they own now actually had someone die in it. But I'm not creeped out there and don't have any issues going down to the basement to do laundry or grab wine when we are home visiting. They bought this house after my brother and I had graduated and moved out.

No, I never did. I didn't even talk about the freakin' cellar in that house. We had to put the 'smashed cans' for recycling down there. Dad would get mad because the bags would be everywhere because I refused to go into the cellar. I ran to the last stair, threw the bag in and ran back up to slam the cellar door (entry from the outside) back down. I have no doubt the house was haunted.

Funny thing is, the house they own now actually had someone die in it. But I'm not creeped out there and don't have any issues going down to the basement to do laundry or grab wine when we are home visiting. They bought this house after my brother and I had graduated and moved out.
Did he not believe that there was anything creepy about the house? I mean, if I had a child in that situation I would be completely understanding of the fact that he/she wouldn't want to venture into a creepy cellar.

Did he not believe that there was anything creepy about the house? I mean, if I had a child in that situation I would be completely understanding of the fact that he/she wouldn't want to venture into a creepy cellar.
I don't know. I guess I never asked. He grew up on a farm and is a total handyman. I guess having been in the cellar and going through the crawl space (only entry to the crawl space was from the cellar) he wasn't phased.

I don't think my mom ever believed me. They just looked at me nuts when I'd come downstairs and ask them what they wanted (when I was sure I heard them yell my name from the stairs). They'd be watching TV or as I posted, sometimes not even be home.

I don't know. I guess I never asked. He grew up on a farm and is a total handyman. I guess having been in the cellar and going through the crawl space (only entry to the crawl space was from the cellar) he wasn't phased.

I don't think my mom ever believed me. They just looked at me nuts when I'd come downstairs and ask them what they wanted (when I was sure I heard them yell my name from the stairs). They'd be watching TV or as I posted, sometimes not even be home.
That must have been frustrating.

Has anyone here had (or know anyone that has had) a near-death experience?
My step dad temporarily died riding his bike 15-20 years ago. He said he saw himself from very high up and had to fight to get back into his body. He made it back and is still good. We don't really talk about much though.

Let's just say I'm very persistent on everybody wearing helmets.

Has anyone here had (or know anyone that has had) a near-death experience?
My German teacher in HS had pneumonia and apparently almost died. All I remember from what she told us is that she "saw the light"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an experience, but it wasn't a physical death type of thing. It was, however, an out of body thing. I was seventeen. I got taken from a shopping mall parking lot at gunpoint and driven out into a field. Scary, right? Thing is, I watched the whole thing from the outside. It was as if angels took over and did/said everything right for me and kept me safe. I'll never doubt the presence of God and His protection. I'm thankful for the second chance at life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have a close friend who technically died on the operating table during a c-section after a placental abruption. She described the experience from an "up above the room" point of view---she could describe who was standing where---even though she was under general anesthesia the entire time. Afterwards, she said she knew she had died before anyone had even told her what went on & it took her awhile to come to grips with what had happened & why/how she was still here. Of course she was very grateful---it was just very disconcerting bc she witnessed it & she didn't understand how/why....It was a really scary few days for all involved. Luckily mom & baby both survived & are doing great.

I think I've mentioned it here before, but I hemorrhaged when I had non-CP last year. They had to give me 8 bags of blood initially and an extra a few days later. The average adult has 8-12. C-section, I was already closed up and they were prepping the OR to reopen me and do a hysterectomy when finally they got an embolization to work.

I guess I wasn't close enough to death to see any lights or anything, although I do believe in God.

I had an experience, but it wasn't a physical death type of thing. It was, however, an out of body thing. I was seventeen. I got taken from a shopping mall parking lot at gunpoint and driven out into a field. Scary, right? Thing is, I watched the whole thing from the outside. It was as if angels took over and did/said everything right for me and kept me safe. I'll never doubt the presence of God and His protection. I'm thankful for the second chance at life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Incredible. How did you get to that point? Being outside of yourself, I mean?

Back