All-Star Showcases

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 14, 2017
Link to CEA Kernersville channel:

Cheer Extreme - YouTube

SE looks like more of the same but they seem to thrive on the classics, so hopefully it’ll work for them.

Lady Luxe looks promising with the full squad rewinds. I’m pretty sure they’re due for new unis which I’m also ready for.

Ladies of Teal aren’t giving GDubs anything to worth about, but they look solid for their debut year.

C4 looks good like they always do.

O4 is also up there but it’s tough for me to judge since I’m not sure what division they’re in specifically. They’re level 4 coed something.

And does Youth Elite even have competition? Serious question.

Last edited:

Cheer Extreme - YouTube

SE looks like more of the same but they seem to thrive on the classics, so hopefully it’ll work for them.

Lady Luxe looks promising with the full squad rewinds. I’m pretty sure they’re due for new unis which I’m also ready for.

Ladies of Teal aren’t giving GDubs anything to worth about, but they look solid for their debut year.

1. SE appears to be a mashup of 18/19 & 19/20 high to high with paperdoll arms and 17/18 inversions. It's a kitchen sink if you will. I do think that this pyramid is a smidgeon more complex. I will say that circling a Certain Person who is doing a more complex elite is getting old really fast (because it's on two teams for two seasons now.)

2 Observations - Crush and LL elites are always significantly more creative than SE and Coed and I have no idea why that is.

3. I don't think there are any other Y5s right now.There were not in 19/20.

4. I was expecting more from LOT but it is a NEW Worlds team with likely newer Worlds eligible people so they will likely upgrade.

Cheer Extreme - YouTube

O4 is also up there but it’s tough for me to judge since I’m not sure what division they’re in specifically. They’re level 4 coed something.

O4 is Open 4, they're IOC4.

@Sterling von Shimmer is Smoex on there? If so, how are they looking?
I believe it was just Kville that had the showcase yesterday.

1. SE appears to be a mashup of 18/19 & 19/20 high to high with paperdoll arms and 17/18 inversions. It's a kitchen sink if you will. I do think that this pyramid is a smidgeon more complex. I will say that circling a Certain Person who is doing a more complex elite is getting old really fast (because it's on two teams for two seasons now.)

2 Observations - Crush and LL elites are always significantly more creative than SE and Coed and I have no idea why that is.

3. I don't think there are any other Y5s right now.There were not in 19/20.

4. I was expecting more from LOT but it is a NEW Worlds team with likely newer Worlds eligible people so they will likely upgrade.

SE: I get that they want to highlight RC’s elite because they didn’t get to do it last year. Fine. But my theory has always been that CSP is throwing her a bone since she’ll never be center, even though we all know she should be. A way of saying, “Look everyone! I’m not ALL about my daughter! I’m giving this other girl face time too!”

LOT: I feel like the creation of this team (and O4) is mostly a way to give former SE athletes a reason to stick around after they’ve aged out in a few years. And maybe by then they can really make a dent in the division. Otherwise I can’t imagine why they’d choose to go against GDubs just for the hell of it. Teams are leaving that division, not joining it.

LOT: I feel like the creation of this team (and O4) is mostly a way to give former SE athletes a reason to stick around after they’ve aged out in a few years. And maybe by then they can really make a dent in the division. Otherwise I can’t imagine why they’d choose to go against GDubs just for the hell of it. Teams are leaving that division, not joining it.

I followed that division a little and I think O4 Coed got paid for Summit bid last year so not bad for a first year team. But IOC4 is a little different than IAG6.

I feel like the IOC4 and IO4 divisions are seeing an increase in numbers because depending on where you live, the college cheer season or your HS season is nonexistant. Perfect division for HS kids who want a little lower time commitment than a Senior 4 or Junior 4.

Senior Elite always looks incredible at first but as the midseason comes, others really catch up, and even add in more difficulty than them. I really wish CSP would hire an external choreographer just to get some outside input on their routines. SE looks like a lot of the same. It's good, but a lot of the same.

Yep. On the one hand I get retaining choreo that works for you. But it hasn’t really been working for them for the last few years.

Its hard to follow the routines due to the video angles. Just put the camera in front of the floor and record. No need for a close up of certain individuals, just film the routine.

I know they can't do whole routine videos at comps anymore because Flo/Varsity but at your own showcase or practices, these videos make no sense. The cuts and close ups are annoying.

Also I know they've said that the point of the videos on their channel = about capturing the memories for the parents and athletes but okay - I WOULD ASSUME OTHER SE PARENTS WANT TO SEE THEIR KIDS ON VIDEO TOO AND NOT JUST THE SAME 2 KIDS? Or at least the whole routine so you can actually *see* your athlete's pass/group/etc

I know they can't do whole routine videos at comps anymore because Flo/Varsity but at your own showcase or practices, these videos make no sense. The cuts and close ups are annoying.

Also I know they've said that the point of the videos on their channel = about capturing the memories for the parents and athletes but okay - I WOULD ASSUME OTHER SE PARENTS WANT TO SEE THEIR KIDS ON VIDEO TOO AND NOT JUST THE SAME 2 KIDS? Or at least the whole routine so you can actually *see* your athlete's pass/group/etc

Being a parent at the gym must be a weird experience. I’m guessing that if you sign up for SE, you just accept that some kids will always be the crown jewels in exchange for loose recognition for your kid. Which begs the question: why do people put up with this from a gym that hasn’t won Worlds in years? It can’t just be because of social media can it?

Being a parent at the gym must be a weird experience. I’m guessing that if you sign up for SE, you just accept that some kids will always be the crown jewels in exchange for loose recognition for your kid. Which begs the question: why do people put up with this from a gym that hasn’t won Worlds in years? It can’t just be because of social media can it?

To be fair their Summit teams are pretty successful and they DID get a gold with Lady Lux recently - that and Coed and SE both globed recently (and Coed won Worlds in 2015 or so? The year escapes me.)

I think SE has a history in the 2010s that athletes want to recapture bc lots of them either have been cheering there since babies OR grew up looking up to SE 2013, 2010, etc. So it has been their dream team. Sort of like how someone (example) probably grows up at Twisters (or watching them) and dreams of being on F5.

Yeah that’s true. In sum they are a successful gym. And lately it seems that SE (and GymTyme) have been feeder teams to Louisville which I’m sure doesn’t hurt.

And yeah, there is a kind of magic to SE that bleeds into the real world as well. Not sure what it is. But there’s a huge discrepancy between the large number of SE fans and their very average Worlds track record (if you’re measuring in golds only). Logic suggests that, if people like to align themselves with winners, then WCSS should have the largest fan base. And conversely, the largest hater base as well assuming that for every fan admiring a team’s success, there’s usually a troll disparaging it.

But SE beats them on both fronts. This team is so polarising that people are triggered by them one way or another. Not sure why.

Last edited:
Back