Showcases

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Sterling von Shimmer, Oct 26, 2020.

1. icequeen

icequeen Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan

On Twitter one of the coaches stated that his allegations were dropped or unfounded but USASF just hasn’t taken him off the list yet.

2. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Oh okay thanks. Good to hear.

3. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
  4. wishfulthinking

wishfulthinking Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Okay weird comment. Isn't a Dora the Explorer theme a little too juvenile for a senior-aged team? Also, I really don't like these stunting props. Ever since the fiasco of the cowboy hats with Diamonds at NCA this year, you'd think maybe it wasn't the best idea?

5. RobinSparkles

RobinSparkles Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    _robin_sparkles
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    That's the program where it was registered under the sister's name, because the one who does the actual coaching is a registered sex offender (until March, said the article) and wouldn't be able to pass background checks.

6. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Not sure how you can compare CEA's social media presence to a mostly inactive YT channel and a documentary from over 8 years ago, but ok.

CEA as a gym has a very long history of doing things that rub people the wrong way, way more so than any other gym that I can think of. Some fans stay loyal, while others have haven't and are vocal to point those things out.

7. CLynn

CLynn Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    One of my cp's has plenty of stories from the warm up room where a negative impression was left, to put it mildly. Can't say enough good things about other big name programs though CA, Cali, Stingrays, Twisters (I'm leaving so many out) but those always stick out in a positive way in person.

8. luv2cheer92

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I don't typically fault athletes, but sometimes a pattern can definitely develop. But even just things the gym/coaches have done over the years. Excessive use of crossovers to the point of having to have Summit tryouts because you have too many, putting higher level athletes on lower level teams always gets me, putting very skilled athletes on multiple Worlds teams just to secure a bid, then replace them (thankfully that has been diminished due to the rules), etc. Clearly it works for them, but being so open about everything and putting yourselves out there all the time will open you up for more scrutiny when you do things that many people just don't agree with.

9. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    RAIN ATHLETICS AQUA.

PRODIGY BLACKLIGHT.

SOME LOWER LEVELS -

PRODIGY J4 STEEL -

T&S HEART JC5 -

10. CLynn

CLynn Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Dang you are fast! I edited my initial post a few minutes after posting bc I generally just try and keep positive but yes there can be a culture that allows certain patterns to develop. It certainly works for them but one can’t be shocked when that culture develops detractors.

11. luv2cheer92

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Haha, sorry I fixed it ;)

12. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    CEA has the presence cause they have put themselves out there more then any other large team, long before anyone else. between the MG era and having a cnn short done with the team, to having multiple cheerleaders capitalize off the cheerlebrity status. Their coach is also very vocal compared to most others imo. And then adding a whole youtube channel.
    have other teams had the same scenario over the years yes, but most have come and gone in and out of the spotlight so to speak, where i feel SE has somehow also had ways to push themselves into that light whether intentional or not.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  13. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    The CA YT channel has been inundated with AGT videos since the summer and sneak peeks even more recently. So I wouldn’t call it inactive?

Somebody made a follow-up video to Twinkles as recently as March.

My point being that all these teams leave a social media footprint.

14. luv2cheer92

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Yes, but the level of social media activity is not even remotely as close to CEAs over the last 10ish years.
    Either way my main point still remains. When you continually do controversial things that people don't agree with, and do it openly, you are going to naturally be criticized more.

15. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Being from Texas our favorite gyms are CA, WE, Prodigy, and SOT, but we also like CEA.

A positive to double-teaming/crossing over, the majority of kids who fly also get to base on a different team. I think that is great for so many reasons. They experience being successful and enjoying cheer outside of flying. It gives them a different perspective. I see so many girls who make flying their whole identity and they have zero experience basing. When they go through puberty and flying ends they are depressed. Many form eating disorders to try and remain a flyer or return to flying.

And CEA has successful teams from different locations. SSX has Gold medals. Smoex had a great shot of medaling if Worlds wouldn't have gotten canceled. My daughter loves Lady Lux and Code Black.