Side Arabians?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 8, 2011
Does anybody have an information on how to do these? I was watching some old gymnastics videos of Elena Shushunova where she does a side arabian with a 3/4 turn and I was wondering if anybody had any info on how to do these or could break it down for me because I can't figure out how she does it.

Here's a video

Thanks!!

From what I understand, that's called a side sumi ? Not entirely sure... In All Star I've only seen it done as flips in a pyramid...

Yes that's definitely a side sumi. Really get a good aerial and then once that's comfortable and clean, ask for a spot and think about aerial-ing while in a sumo wrestler like stance (hence the sumi part of the name) that's how I learned at least.. Except for when you're doing the sumi, you're going to be sideways and not squaring your hips like in your aerial.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We call em side semis. They're not very difficult, it's just like an Ariel but in a open kinda tuck position.

A guy on ICE Lightning did one in 2012, the first pass. I wish more cheerleaders did them, they look good.

Back