Sidelines Without The Cheat Sheet?

Discussion in 'High School Cheerleading' started by Sterling von Shimmer, Apr 12, 2019.

1. omgitssydthekid

omgitssydthekid Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sydneywright496
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Same here! We never had cheat sheets or a whiteboard. There was a “quiz” two weeks before the first game of the season, and if you didn’t know the cheers, you sat out of the game. We had quite a few cheers/chants but if you cheered in junior high (at the time for us that was 8th/9th grade) you knew probably half of the cheers going in (sometimes the words/motions were slightly different, but were pretty darn close).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    We had to memorize all ours too (30 or so) but let me be frank: I went to a private school where academics were rigorous and everyone was going to college. Consequently, we were good at memorizing stuff because we were well-trained at absorbing and retaining information.

This is not that school. Some of the girls aren’t interested in grades and cheer is the only reason they keep them hovering above the bare minimum. And to be honest, I’m not sure all of them are up for it and I don’t want anyone feeling stupid. I might be coddling them a bit, but for right now this is was what it is.

3. tjbettin

tjbettin I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

My captains wear playbook wristbands (like football players do) but instead of football plays its the list of all their cheers. This way they can look to see what hasn't been called yet. I also bought these for them in the color that matches the sleeves on their uniform so it blends in.

Playbook Wristband Wrist Coach Youth at FlagFootballPlans.com

4. OldskoolKYcheercoach

OldskoolKYcheercoach There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    BRILLIANT.

I may ask our girls if they want to do this this year.