Single Base?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 29, 2012
In level 3, would a full team of single base/assisted single base extension libs score more points than a full team of group libs? What if there were mostly full groups with one or two single bases? Thank you!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I don't know what the official rules are because we got warned at an ICC competition for having two unassisted libs at level 3.
But I think they would definitely score higher.

I double teamed this past season on a Lv 3 lg coed and the 5 boys did unassisted Libs at varsity and USASF competition and no penalties were given so it definitely is legal. Scoring wise I have no idea but in guessing it will score higher since the difficulty of doing an unassisted lib (the highest unassisted stunt skill you're able to do in lv3) is much harder than a group lib. Plus, the more stunts you put up, the higher you score in stunting.

Thank you both! I think the position of the two bases/base and spot affect the legality, which is maybe why you were warned at ICC?

This is probably a given, but for every top person in a stunt there has to be an extra spotter, whether their hands are on the stunt or not. So there can never be less than three people per stunt (side base/spotter, main base, flyer). To avoid any chance of deductions, the spotter has to be relatively close to the main base- I've definitely received a deduction for a side being 1.5- 2 feet away from his main.
Unassisted partner stunting is on the scoresheet for coed teams, but doesn't guarantee your team will be rewarded for putting up a crazy amount of unassisted stunts. If you have 6 boys, you only NEED 4 (half + 1). You also have to take into consideration a toss lib (even though harder than what a lot of level 5 teams compete) is only a straight up extended lib and could be considered not really "level appropriate". So again, once you meet the requirements, there's no guarantee that extra unassisted stunting will rewarded.

Back