Music Slapfire Music Mixing Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

it could be a couple things, if you're beatmapping, try sampling. It could also be the song's tempo doesn't mesh with the mixes tempo and sometimes some songs are just off limits haha for instance fort minor's song "10% luck 20% skill etc etc" doesn't sound good at cheer tempo. Another thing you can do is try half time, like if it's a 32 beat loop, redefine it as a 64 beat loop and see if that sounds better. @SlapFire may have some more input as well!

it could be a couple things, if you're beatmapping, try sampling. It could also be the song's tempo doesn't mesh with the mixes tempo and sometimes some songs are just off limits haha for instance fort minor's song "10% luck 20% skill etc etc" doesn't sound good at cheer tempo. Another thing you can do is try half time, like if it's a 32 beat loop, redefine it as a 64 beat loop and see if that sounds better. @SlapFire may have some more input as well!
I never really learned what sampling was! I did figure out in acid how to, I guess "beatmap" without the beatmapper tool by just changing the tempo properties of a track to match up with the metronome ticker..is that what you mean??

I never really learned what sampling was! I did figure out in acid how to, I guess "beatmap" without the beatmapper tool by just changing the tempo properties of a track to match up with the metronome ticker..is that what you mean??

sampling means using a wave editor such as adobe audition where you can cut specific sections of a song out. the goal obviously being to cut a perfect loop then when you put it in acid, go to clip properties (by right clicking the loop you just drug in, and clicking properties) set the sample to loop with the drag down box, then click the stretch tab at the top of the properties window and set the sample to how ever many beats you counted.

that's sampling in a nut shell with a side of proper transposing of a sample in acid. Using the tempo tool won't really work because each song is a different tempo and then your mix's tempo will be all over the place. Hope this helps! I'll get @SlapFire on here as well to maybe add to or correct any advice I just offered

I was also wondering..if I was to apply to SlapU with music that I have made but doesn't have voiceovers by my self in it..would that be acceptable?

I was also wondering..if I was to apply to SlapU with music that I have made but doesn't have voiceovers by my self in it..would that be acceptable?

Yes! Any mixing level that you are at is welcome! Growth all day! 143 Values!

Hello I know @SlapFire is probaly busy right now, but hopefully some1 can help/answer.. :)

So I was wondering if any1 has used Pro Tools 10 (or any version) to mix cheer music?
Just wondering, I know at my school in the music lab computers have that software avaible, but I havnt tried using it. Just wondering if it works compared to Sony Acid pro?

thank you :)

@SlapFire whats the best way to do VO's without the mic picking up all of the backround?

whats your suggestion for transitions?! im having a hard time figuring out how to cut/do proper transitions that sound good. im not asking for your method because i know you wont give out your tips but maybe some suggestions that would help me?

Hello I know @SlapFire is probaly busy right now, but hopefully some1 can help/answer.. :)

So I was wondering if any1 has used Pro Tools 10 (or any version) to mix cheer music?
Just wondering, I know at my school in the music lab computers have that software avaible, but I havnt tried using it. Just wondering if it works compared to Sony Acid pro?

thank you :)

in my opinion acid pro is more ready to mix cheer music. Though Pro Tools is superior in nearly every way when it comes to recording, I haven't found it to be nearly as efficient for mixing cheer music. That being said both programs have their strengths and could be used together, for instance I would never recommend recording Vocals in Acid Pro (the quality just isn't there) so you could use Pro Tools to do all your voice overs in and then pull them into your Acid session as WAV's same as you would with the song samples to make your music.

hope that makes sense

Back