Music Slapfire Music Mixing Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is SlapU up & running? I'm interested in the program but the website doesn't seem to be up to date.

SlapU kicks back up Jan. 9th; however we will not be accepting new students again until May. New tutorials are being uploaded now.

We will of course let everyone know when enrollment starts!

@SlapFire whats the best way to do VO's without the mic picking up all of the backround?

whats your suggestion for transitions?! im having a hard time figuring out how to cut/do proper transitions that sound good. im not asking for your method because i know you wont give out your tips but maybe some suggestions that would help me?

so long as the mix maintains a sense of "flow" then you've done it right. That can be achieved by crossfading the song your transitioning out of with the song your transitioning into if the two songs work well together. It could mean using a voice over, or an instrumental part of the song that has no words to fade out while you bring in the next song, or even using a sound effect sequence in combination with builds.
There's so many ways to look at transitions but the main goal is to keep unity in your mix. If you come away from listening to a production saying, "that was a bunch of songs and sound effects with the team's name randomly thrown in there..." then there's room for improvement. The mix needs to sound like a completely unique "song" made up of all those elements (songs, sound effects, and voice overs). Hope this helps!!

Also, as I mentioned above, SlapU will begin enrolling again in May, and if you're serious about taking your cheer music to the next level it would be a great investment!

in my opinion acid pro is more ready to mix cheer music. Though Pro Tools is superior in nearly every way when it comes to recording, I haven't found it to be nearly as efficient for mixing cheer music. That being said both programs have their strengths and could be used together, for instance I would never recommend recording Vocals in Acid Pro (the quality just isn't there) so you could use Pro Tools to do all your voice overs in and then pull them into your Acid session as WAV's same as you would with the song samples to make your music.

hope that makes sense

That sure does thank you!! So what about Sony Music Studo? I know its way cheaper wonder if its good to mix cheer music? thank u again! :)

This doesn't really have to do with tips, but has anyone purchased the sony acid template that slapfire sells? and is it actually worth buying?

we'll be uploading a demo reel with everything that comes in the template by Dec. 1st so that anyone interested in purchasing the template can hear exactly what they'll be getting. In all likeliness the demo reel will be in an incredibly low quality to deter people from pirating it, so please keep that in mind.

That sure does thank you!! So what about Sony Music Studo? I know its way cheaper wonder if its good to mix cheer music? thank u again! :)

sony music studio does operate very similarly to acid pro; however quality of sound can't be compared. Acid Pro is far better than Music Studio, and Music Studio struggles with using VST plugins where as Acid Pro does not. There is a steep price difference between the two and in my experience of using both I can honestly say you get what you pay for.

sony music studio does operate very similarly to acid pro; however quality of sound can't be compared. Acid Pro is far better than Music Studio, and Music Studio struggles with using VST plugins where as Acid Pro does not. There is a steep price difference between the two and in my experience of using both I can honestly say you get what you pay for.
Ok thank you so much!! :D

Back