OT Small College Vs Big College

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've yet to come across any schools that require both the SAT and the ACT. Most prestigious schools do require SAT I and SAT II's or ACT with Writing, but I've never seen both required...

ACT's are supposed to be more science/math oriented, and SAT's are 2/3 English oriented. Most kids, if they are only taking one, take the SAT.

i think a couple of the schools my brother applied to required both. but he applied to some weird schools. and, you're correct as the majority will take one or the other.

i think a couple of the schools my brother applied to required both. but he applied to some weird schools. and, you're correct as the majority will take one or the other.

That's so strange! Lol where did he apply?

That's so strange! Lol where did he apply?
i know he applied to MIT and Harvey Mudd. i don't remember the others though as he did the application process a few years ago. but, he took both the SAT and ACT and sent all his scores.

i know he applied to MIT and Harvey Mudd. i don't remember the others though as he did the application process a few years ago. but, he took both the SAT and ACT and sent all his scores.

Neither require both tests...but you can send both if you so desire!

BTW, smart kid you're related to! Lol

Neither require both tests...but you can send both if you so desire!

BTW, smart kid you're related to! Lol
yeah, he got the smarts. i got the creativity.

well, i guess i was wrong. of course my overachieving brother would send both tests even if they weren't required. heh

If you have the option of taking the SAT or the ACT I would go by what school you are going to and the subject you are hoping to study. I started out wanting to major in something in the science field and went to a school with large bio and chem programs so I went with the ACT because it has a science section.

Now be careful because most school require the writing portion of these tests and I remember when I went to take my ACT the friends I went with forgot to sign up for the essay part of the test and had to go back another time and take it.

Goodluck with applying to schools though. A good thing to do as an international student would be to contact their international student affairs office that most colleges will have. They can give you even more detail as to what processes you should go through in order to get into the schools as well as how to get money for school.

This probably isn't the right thread to ask but I didn't want to start a new one and everyone on here seems to know a good amount about college.
I was just wondering if anyone knows any schools with good bio and/or pharmacy programs with decent open teams nearby? I'm searching for colleges right now and I'm trying to find a lot of places that broadly fit my interests and then narrow it down later.

This probably isn't the right thread to ask but I didn't want to start a new one and everyone on here seems to know a good amount about college.
I was just wondering if anyone knows any schools with good bio and/or pharmacy programs with decent open teams nearby? I'm searching for colleges right now and I'm trying to find a lot of places that broadly fit my interests and then narrow it down later.

Duquesne University is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has an AWESOME pharmacy program. I would highly recommend looking into it. I know FCA would be about 40 minutes away and im sure Pittsburgh Superstars is close as well.

Duquesne University is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has an AWESOME pharmacy program. I would highly recommend looking into it. I know FCA would be about 40 minutes away and im sure Pittsburgh Superstars is close as well.
Thanks! I'll make sure to look into it.

Back