Small Gym - Coaching Salaries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer4evah

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2011
I am trying to get some information on coaching salaries, specifically in small gyms. Are you paid hourly, per team coached, weekly, monthly, etc.? How much does experience come into play? What part of the country are you from (I'm curious how much location effects salary for all star coaches)? Besides hotel accomodations at away competitions, are there any other expenses that your gym pays for?

You can PM me too if you don't feel comfortable posting here.

Thank you!

Hope you don't mind me butting in on your post but i'm also very curious on this (hoping to open my own gym after college) But another question to add, How much do your athletes pay per month?

Don't mind at all :) Hopefully we'll get at least a few people to answer.

I'm from a small gym about an hour south of DC. I think our gym is different because we have coaches who drive pretty far to get to the gym, so our salaries include commuting costs. I myself and paid monthly but I know our other coaches are paid bi-weekly. I'm the Director so I'm salaried. I come in to the gym on set days but am also there on other days when and if I'm needed to coach additional teams, added in practices, gym functions, etc. If you're looking for how much coaches are paid, I'd say to check your local area. What is normal for some coaches may not be for others. If you want an experienced coach, you'll have to pay more than the normal out of school coaches. Tumbling instructors are also paid more than coaches because of the nature of their work. If you have some specific questions, PM me :)

I get paid hourly, bi-weekly. I also get a per diem for competitions. My hotel (and potential airfare) is covered.

I'm the owner of a smaller gym, and it really depends on the person- experience, availability, ability, role, part time vs full time, other things they do outside of actual gym time.

I'm actually trying to find another great coach to add to my staff if any of you are interested.

CheerProfessional, an independent voice for the cheer marketplace, looks forward to providing you expert answers to questions just like this and tools to simplify your job as a coach or gym owner. We will launch early this summer with a web presence and quarterly publication. Follow us on facebook.com/CheerProfessional and twitter.com/CheerProCo so you can be the first to know when we go live.

Back