All-Star Small Gyms Doing Big Things

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I coach a team that’s a mini 2 with 6 kids on it. Their first competition they scored a 97 and had the highest score of the comp. We decided to move them into the youth 2 division one competition to see what would happen and they won and ended up with a summit bid. They have consistently scored between 96-97 all season and they also won JAMFEST super nationals! Next weekend we are taking them to a competition to hopefully get a paid summit bid!
That's so amazing!! Good luck to you and your team

I love watching Terre Haute compete. They are a machine!
They were always one team I DREADED seeing on a schedule with us becuase they usually just edged us out almost every time the few times we were at the same competitions lol. I will admit though I never particularly cared for the style of the routines. It was almost too mechanical for my liking, but it obviously hits the score sheet well for them and I am not the judge. But they are phenomenal especially for such a small program. They always pushed my team to do better becuase we knew we had to be flawless to have a chance at winning!

I love watching Terre Haute compete. They are a machine!

I love watching them too. When we were driving home from The Majors in January, we detoured a bit just so my daughter could get a picture from outside their gym. They are amazing.

MCC out of Marlboro Maryland is definitely putting themselves on the map! They are a first year allstar gym and they are killing it! Scoring mid to mid-high 90's, they are extremely competitive. I see big things coming from them in the very near future!

MCC out of Marlboro Maryland is definitely putting themselves on the map! They are a first year allstar gym and they are killing it! Scoring mid to mid-high 90's, they are extremely competitive. I see big things coming from them in the very near future!
Weren't they a rec program before they went all star?

Weren't they a rec program before they went all star?

Yes, they were rec. They are really a fun gym to watch. Although with 14 teams, I'm not sure that I would consider them a small gym. Are they D2? If so pretty much everyone would have to crossover. Which means more time in the gym and that = more opportunity to get those skills. Whatever they are doing, it is working.

Yes, they were rec. They are really a fun gym to watch. Although with 14 teams, I'm not sure that I would consider them a small gym. Are they D2? If so pretty much everyone would have to crossover. Which means more time in the gym and that = more opportunity to get those skills. Whatever they are doing, it is working.
I thought so. They dominated the rec divisions for a WHILE before going all star. Glad to see them in a new division!

No, they're D1, just new to all-star.

I've noticed so many REC programs becoming All-star programs this year and continuing next year. I personally love it.

I've noticed so many REC programs becoming All-star programs this year and continuing next year. I personally love it.

I think it's a side effect of the EP's basically forcing it. A majority of rec (at least around me) do local comps all season but like to attend a larger "nationals" to end with. Most of the EP's who used to provide a traditional rec category now require them to compete as either Performance rec using reg USASF score sheet, or Traditional using All star prep rules. This means a different all music routine than what they compete locally, so I am sure a bunch finally said forget it lets just go all music all year, and then that is morphing into if we are being judged like an all star program let's just take the leap.

To compete beyond the local HS gym circuit as rec you have a few options, do a UCA style routine, and attend regionals and try to get a bid to UCA Nationals, Do a UCA style routine and then learn a new routine for an end of year nationals, or just go all music all year.

And if you are rec and attend UCA Nationals, you are then held to the same HS rule that says you can not attend another competition billed as a Nationals besides USA.

Back