All-Star Smoed Ep. 12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ackward. I would imagine the people who are actually involved in the situation can question things. Random mom, not so much.
So we should just accept everything we see on reality tv as true, because we weren't directly involved? My kid is involved in this sport, so it is my business how the role models in the sport are portrayed. I look at teams like SMOED as role models in this sport. I think it is every mom's business to question the actions of those her child looks up to, particularly when someone is playing fast and loose with the truth for the sake of drama.

Maybe consider teaching your kid that reality TV plays fast and loose with editing for the sake of drama?
You don't have kids, do you? If do, not ones old enough to have role models. CP hasn't even seen the show, nor would I let her. Reality tv is NOT appropriate for a 9 year old. Period, but she will look up to the worlds level athletes in this sport regardless, and as a mo it is my job to keep up with who she is looking up to and all of our job as moms to hold roe models responsible or their behavior, coaches and athletes alike.

At this point you just seem to be looking for an attack. I have made my position clear. Feel free not to agree,but please stop being childish about it.

I never did lie they asked me whose spot I was taking and I said I have no idea and in my mind I truly did have no idea I didn't even know If I was going to take a spot so all I said is "I have no idea whose spot I'm taking" there was no lying no nothing. :)
Thank you for responding, I appreciate your maturity. That's exactly what I wanted to know, because that is not how it sounds on the video. Did they splice 2 parts together? It says "I don't know whose spot I'm taking, but someone will have to be moved down and I feel sorry for them" as if it is one statement which makes it sound as if you knew someone was being moved off the team to make room for you. If that was not the case them THEY are the ones misrepresenting the truth.

The whole situation was very crazy. I'm Kassidy and I quit in September before the season had even begun because of PERSONAL reasons, school as well but there is alot more to it. On October I realized how much of a mistake I had made and begged my parents to let me come back after about 2 months of that they finally agreed. I didn't come back to take anyone's spot I came back to either be an alternate or be in a spot of they truly needed me to. That interview was my first day back which was 2 weeks before spirit sports so I came back about a month and a half after the bid was given. It ended up being that Tylen got Hurt unfortunately that was made me get put back on the team. I would've rather been an alternate and had Tylen stay but that wasn't the case. They would've had no one if I hadn't decided to come back so luckily it was an easy fix. I just want to thank everyone that has seen me out and given me a chance I have been with this team for 3 years and I love them all more then anything in the world. All I want is to compete my best with them and make them proud! Keep watching cheerleaders and enjoy more Smoed!! :) thank you!
If my team ever had an injured athlete and we had an alternate on hand that has worked with the team for quite some time, knows the routine, and already understands/is comfortable with the practices they would be my first pick too!! You shouldn't have to explain yourself at all.. I would do the same for my team!!!

cheer25mom Please, get over it. It doesn't directly affect your life. If you don't like the editing or not knowing "who is lying" then don't watch it. It appears you want someone to come out and say "oh yes I WAS LYING thank you for being an upstanding citizen and making me tell the truth" and lady, it ain't gonna happen. If it's so much of a concern to you, why don't you contact Eddie personally and demand an explanation? I'm sure he would love to explain his coaching methods and decision making with you.

Best of luck to Smoed and I can't wait to see you in two weeks!

cheer25mom Please, get over it. It doesn't directly affect your life. If you don't like the editing or not knowing "who is lying" then don't watch it. It appears you want someone to come out and say "oh yes I WAS LYING thank you for being an upstanding citizen and making me tell the truth" and lady, it ain't gonna happen. If it's so much of a concern to you, why don't you contact Eddie personally and demand an explanation? I'm sure he would love to explain his coaching methods and decision making with you.

Best of luck to Smoed and I can't wait to see you in two weeks!
Ok, that was really uncalled for. Sorry it bothers you that I dare to question what is going on here. I realize some peope think elite teams can do no wrong, but I just dont see it that way. They chose to put it out there for everyone. I think if I were putting my team on display I would make sure I was putting out the truth, because someone just might question it and I would make sure I wasn't doing things I didn't want anyone to know about.

Ok, that was really uncalled for. Sorry it bothers you that I dare to question what is going on here. I realize some peope think elite teams can do no wrong, but I just dont see it that way. They chose to put it out there for everyone. I think if I were putting my team on display I would make sure I was putting out the truth, because someone just might question it and I would make sure I wasn't doing things I didn't want anyone to know about.
It's nothing as sneaky as you say. They take hours of tape and can't show everything. No one lied. Things happen out of order. It's really no big deal. We don't think we are above anyone, trust me:)

You don't have kids, do you? If do, not ones old enough to have role models. CP hasn't even seen the show, nor would I let her. Reality tv is NOT appropriate for a 9 year old. Period, but she will look up to the worlds level athletes in this sport regardless, and as a mo it is my job to keep up with who she is looking up to and all of our job as moms to hold roe models responsible or their behavior, coaches and athletes alike.

More importantly, I hope she's not looking up to your writing skills.

We all need to remember, while although we do praise the producers of this show. They still have the sneaky editing tricks just like other shows about cheerleading. Although we would enjoy the show thats strictly about the practices and the competitions, for them to reach a wider audience they have to have the drama that brings others who are not necessarily as into cheerleading as we are.

We all need to remember, while although we do praise the producers of this show. They still have the sneaky editing tricks just like other shows about cheerleading. Although we would enjoy the show thats strictly about the practices and the competitions, for them to reach a wider audience they have to have the drama that brings others who are not necessarily as into cheerleading as we are.
exactly

Back