OT So Sharp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Feb 5, 2011
Anyone watching this? I just heard of it and watched the first two episodes tonight. Wishing it had more dancing and less drama, but it's lifetime and their history is just drama based.

Yes! I absolutely adore the show (I love drama fueled reality tv, it's an addicition). But I totally agree with showing more dancing. It doesn't even show the entireity of the final routines which bugs me and creates more confusion of "who should be center" and "who should be on the floor for nationals."

We've been talking about it a little bit in the Dance Mom's Thread---one of the girls on that show, Kendall, has a sister who is a Ladybird.

Honestly I wasn't impressed with episode 1, but plan to stick it out for a few more to see if it gets better. The attitude of the girls is way over the top and I would hope they're playing to the cameras. Todd seems likable, but also a total dramallama himself---whether that it from the show or not, who knows because I don't know him, but I hope he tones it down.

I enjoyed it. I do think there is a hierarchy of girls on a team - any team - especially if they are competing with one another for a spot on an ongoing basis, and definitely from veterans to newbies.

I definitely agree with @CheerBank on that competition statement, I've been watching this program the last 2 weeks with my 14 year old daughter and she does not seem to be surprise by the hierarchical aspect that is going on in this program, I think, she probably be more surprise if the girls acted less than competitive and all alpha...

However, my daughter and I agree that the blame for the Marissa"s exclusion attitude must be placed on Kobie... Kobie is the team's captain and she can in many ways set the tone for this team and could have easily shutdown this behavior, but she was all for it... Furthermore, my daughter pointed out as a performer, herself, that all the dancer have the skills, merely because they made the team, so Gabby, a Beta, just need to add something more to the choreograph movements, she probably performing the movements like plain vanilla, but the top twenty dancers (Alphas) are performing the movements adding sprinkles and a cherry too... Additionally, in some ways, Gabby's friend, Michelle (Alpha) can do more by helping her with performing, instead of instigating and forcing Gabby into an Alpha group that is obviously snubbing her...

I was honestly surprised at the differences I could see in dance ability between Gabby and the other girls. I'm not a dancer by any means, and when I watched her turns I could clearly see she wasn't at the same level as them. It raised a ton of questions for me and I would have loved if they started the season with try outs and gone from there so see the thought process behind a squad at that level.

I was honestly surprised at the differences I could see in dance ability between Gabby and the other girls. I'm not a dancer by any means, and when I watched her turns I could clearly see she wasn't at the same level as them. It raised a ton of questions for me and I would have loved if they started the season with try outs and gone from there so see the thought process behind a squad at that level.
I definitely agree with this statement and I am equally surprise why Gabby skills are so below some of the other girls, especially this is her Jr year... I think, Gabby need to be told what classes she should enroll in and utilize Michelle and even Kobie, the team's captain for help... Gabby needs to focus on improving her techniques, instead of a sleep over/party. Js

I wonder why they kept Gabby on the squad for 3 years? It's apparent her skills aren't up the par with the other girls. I think it's unfair to her especially if the coaches haven't noticed and told her with she needs to improve on. No knock to her but to the coaches who are not helping her improve.

I already said it , i am appalled by the girls behavior towards each other
In no way shape or form do they act like they are a team
I could not take this for a Minute, i would kick them all out
Tbh i hope this is really only for tv , and i hope it's not like that with all college teams
yea UofL is already having its own issues with headlines relating to other sports, idk why they thought a drama filled reality show would be a good choice

Back