OT So Sharp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I guess I live under a rock. Didn't know U of L athletics was having problems?

I think the coach makes for hilarious TV, but I can't imagine that he is that over the top all the time. My guess is editing is picking the parts they show. Bless it if they aren't and that is him 100% of the time!

The girls are catty. Reminds me of high school mean girls, that's not usually something that carries over to college. I really hope it's being played up for the cameras. If not, and that's the actual team culture, then it's toxic!

yea UofL is already having its own issues with headlines relating to other sports, idk why they thought a drama filled reality show would be a good choice

Not too surprising. The show doesn't make the group look good and since the college is attached to the group it's all relative.

I struggled with episode 2. Even my HS cheer team did performance auditions this way---you may dance at a game or you may be benched, same with competition---but I thought the sleepover was a staged mess. Gabi is clearly the Chloe among a much of Maddie's if we were to compare this show to Dance Moms. I can't even feel bad for her, but I know I'm supposed to.

I honestly find Gabi extremely irritating and can see why she doesn't fit in to the general team dynamic. Also agreeing with some posts above that Gabi's technical skill level is way below the girls who are performing which is very strange since Louisville gets a plethora of athletes to choose from and don't have to settle for less..

I tried an episode but I just can't all the girls are super annoying. Fake, Bitchy. Entitled, Whiney or all of the above ugghhh. That's a terrible team dynamic

Not too surprising. The show doesn't make the group look good and since the college is attached to the group it's all relative.

I struggled with episode 2. Even my HS cheer team did performance auditions this way---you may dance at a game or you may be benched, same with competition---but I thought the sleepover was a staged mess. Gabi is clearly the Chloe among a much of Maddie's if we were to compare this show to Dance Moms. I can't even feel bad for her, but I know I'm supposed to.

My love for Chloe makes me want to say that Gabi is more of the Vivi Anne of the group. Sweet girl but doesn't fit because she doesn't really have the technical skill to be there.

I so agree with @JerseyGirl112 with the Vivi comparison over Chloe, since Chloe had the technique and skills, just not the loyal Mom that Abby adored....jmo
Tbh, I am still expecting Cathy to show up on the show as Gabby's Mom and get into an argument with Jill, Kendall's Mom and Chloe and Christy drops in on an early admission college visit to tryout the dance squad...lol. This show can be a perfect spinoff for Dance Mom with all this scripted drama...haha!

My love for Chloe makes me want to say that Gabi is more of the Vivi Anne of the group. Sweet girl but doesn't fit because she doesn't really have the technical skill to be there.

Perhaps. I feel like we haven't seen enough of her dancing to really say though---she has made the team for 3 years and to do that, I would expect her to show the skill at some point. Vivi should have just been signed up for soccer from day 1.

I so agree with @JerseyGirl112 with the Vivi comparison over Chloe, since Chloe had the technique and skills, just not the loyal Mom that Abby adored....jmo
Tbh, I am still expecting Cathy to show up on the show as Gabby's Mom and get into an argument with Jill, Kendall's Mom and Chloe and Christy drops in on an early admission college visit to tryout the dance squad...lol. This show can be a perfect spinoff for Dance Mom with all this scripted drama...haha!

If that spin off happens I will die of laughter and popcorn consumption.

I logged in today just to see if anyone else is watching this.
We have been watching for the past 2 weeks. Online some friends of the dancers have said the drama is semi-scripted, like the girls were told before filming what conflicts they would have and how to approach them. Maybe Gabi being there has to do with his devotion to the ones he brought up from mini dancers to Ladybirds? In the scene with his PT/best friend he talked about how Marissa's parents "picked him up off the ground" after his divorce and something about teaching her since she was 6. I don't know if Gabi is one of those but he seems much nicer to her then some of the other girls.
I can not stand the sisters, especially the younger one who refused to learn the choreography from a video even though THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE. Then had the cajones to accuse the assistant coach of lying.
My favorites are Taylor (she hasn't had a speaking part) she is usually 2nd or 3rd row and Michelle...mostly because she enjoys making the Queen Bees feel super awkward, just wish it wasn't at Gabi's expense.

Disappointed. We expected a new episode tonight. Wonder what happened?

Nevermind. I just checked and it's on tomorrow night at 10.

Disappointed. We expected a new episode tonight. Wonder what happened?

Nevermind. I just checked and it's on tomorrow night at 10.

It inconveniences me that it doesn't come on right after Dance Mom's. I mean it just makes sense.

Re: the topic of Gabby and why she's on the team. It honestly seems like they take a surplus of girls and I assume somebody has to dance at like....Volleyball games and I'm sure gabby is all up and thru those routines....maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: the topic of Gabby and why she's on the team. It honestly seems like they take a surplus of girls and I assume somebody has to dance at like....Volleyball games and I'm sure gabby is all up and thru those routines....maybe.

I agree that she is on the team for other performances, women's basketball, appearances, etc... they likely carry a large team b/c there are so many required events. In any event, when they finished last nights routine, I was like ughhh spacing.. and that's what he totally picked out! LOL I watch for the dancing and his one liners, I have noticed me multi-tasking during the girls petty drama.. on the flip side, Marissa (thats her name, right) has a major nasty RBF.. LOL Whether she is made out to just be a villian on the show or if she really is, she still has it... Love how she called herself out on that too... Oh the drama.

I believe next week it moves to Tuesdays at 10pm, right after Dance Moms. :)

Good, because that literally makes the most sense. Although for the next two Tuesday's I'll be knocked out by 10pm since we go back to work on the 15th and the kids return on the 22nd but whatever, I'll figure it out.

Back