All-Star So Someone Suggested A Board Fundraiser

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would just set up a paypal account and see how much is donated first. you would be surprised on how many good people would give when they realize that they get their moneys worth. Even facebook needs to make a profit eventually.

I agree with megaflipper about the paypal account...just see what happens. You can be like PBS and run a donation drive periodically. You could put on a tux, gussy up Liv in a ball gown and extoll the benefits of the Fierceboard. :) (At a minimum Liv needs the ball gown, you can wear shorts.) I see the benefit of paying a nominal amout $10 for something that I enjoy reading. See what floats. Myself, I like the idea of shoving a fist of wadded bills to you in a darkened hallway at the Milkhouse.

However, the sling bag idea with just Fierceboard is a good idea if you can make it profitable with the no sizes issues, keep it small enough to ship cheaply etc.

$5 and $10 donation level so that someday you don't decide to shut the board down and go coach Liv in soccer (it could happen!)
$25 donation and you get a free Fierceboard slingbag.
$50 donation and you get a free Fierceboard sling and an autographed photo of Liv suitable for framing.
$100 donation and you get to be the banner for X period?

(P.S. And you should allow a checks option in addition to pay pal for adults of a certain age who messed up setting up their pay pal account years ago and have never managed to fix it. A small category, but um, it exists!)

I think the pay to remove google ads thing is the smartest way to go. I have to do some taxes for the board last year and see where that ended up (it made slightly less than it cost to run it). This year there is a bigger server (to be faster), better software, and little upgrades planned. There will probably be some advertising sold, but it will all be cheer centric (and they have to agree to some pretty strict guidelines on what it means to buy an ad... aka just cause you have an ad doesn't mean people can't discuss your product negatively as long as its fair)

Now, if we want to fund baby Harrison to go to college and pay all the admins and mods for the hard work we do..... we can up that donation to $100 :)

Well you wouldnt have to pay a lot... we did like 15 last time and it was shirt and shipping.... if we REALLY wanted to do a shirt again. i could handle all of it. but i WONT do it and try to rush to get it done before a certain date. perhaps since it is so early we could do a shirt again... leave the ordering up for 1-2 months. and then ship them end of March.

Also. i would definitely pay $10 to remove the ads. I just realized they are between every private message, and don't fit in the boxes properly. its bugging me out!

Im loving the t-shirt/ sweat shirt idea with the collage. I know about 4 or 5 people that would buy em off the top of my head!!!

Back