Music Software Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

JMW

Apr 4, 2013
Is there any software that makes it easy (relatively speaking) to put a beat behind a song?

I'm rec league, and I use Audacity to mix our music. I can do pretty much everything I need to (for rec league), but it would open up my song options so much if I could add a beat. I know it can be done in Audacity, but it isn't easy. I'd be willing to invest in other software, but only if it makes the process easier. I don't want to buy it and then find out that it's not any easier.

Any suggestions or feedback?

(I use a Mac, and I don't think Sony Acid is available for a Mac.)

Does anybody have any advice (or can you tag someone who might be able to help?)

Last edited:
Look into Adobe Audition.
Thanks @Andre - I did look into it, and even found a tutorial on how to do beat-matching and it does sound pretty easy. AND - bonus - there's a free trial. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to try it out.

@ OWECheer - thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately, I don't think it is available for Mac. I appreciate the response though!

Thanks @Andre - I did look into it, and even found a tutorial on how to do beat-matching and it does sound pretty easy. AND - bonus - there's a free trial. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to try it out.

@ OWECheer - thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately, I don't think it is available for Mac. I appreciate the response though!
No problem. Fruity Loops is also good for track construction.

Back