All-Star Song Selections

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Just wondering if you guys pick out all the songs for every section of your routine or do you leave it up to your music producer to pick the songs?

At my gym we usually pick out songs for stunts, pyramid and dance and leave the rest up to our music producer.

Usually I'll give our music guy a description of the team and their "story" and let them go from there. Sometimes we'll provide stunt/pyramid songs, especially if there's a not so well known song that we want.

Same! I usually give a little direction e.g. "They're 12-13 year olds, as long as you can fit Justin Bieber in there, they'll love it." Music producers know what they're doing, and I think what they imagine for my team is a whole lot better than me trying to make them see what I see for my team. You get me?

Our coach asked us if there were any songs we would like in our routine so people would submit some if they wanted and then she'd give them to the music person. Some of the suggested songs made it and some song the music person picked.

The guy who did the music at my old gym was one of our coaches so each team would give him a list of songs and ideas and about 99% of the time what we wanted is what we got, of course within reason ;)

We pick all the songs for our routines. We generally leave voice overs and transitions to the producer. We tend to wait and let our teams "story" develop before picking songs and go with what represents them the best. And what won't make us all want to die hearing it a million times!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I personally pick the music for every section of my routines. For instance this year I picked every single song and part of a so f used in my music except for running tumbling because I couldn't think of one. Our mix is the best in the gym. And the particular producer said he like how I told him what I wanted and where. But u also had fantastic music selections. He even used a song I asked for in another mix he did later.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

Our team got to pick between two different songs for our dance, so that's the only song we know for sure right now. The rest is up to the music people, and we should get our music soon, most likely this week, maybe tomorrow.

Back