OT Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Card1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 18, 2009
Does anyone have one? Im interested in applying for one soon and just wanted some opinions

We have one!! We had to spend $1500 in like 3 months in order to get 2 free round trip tickets (it's based on points and where you want to go and the price of the flights). We used it to book the hotels for CP's cheerleading competitions, hotel for son's boot camp graduation, and hotels when we went out of town to watch CP cheer at college football games, so the $1500 added up quickly and we earned the flights without a problem. I used the points to book flights to see my son who is stationed in the Air Force and then the flight to go to Worlds. Of course, you actually pay for the flights because you have to spend the money, but we figured we would earn something that we were spending the money on anyway and we always paid the bill off every month.

If you spend the money and earn your points and can pay off your balance, it's worth getting to earn the flights. If you have to find a reason to charge things on another credit card just to earn flights, it's probably not a good idea. We use it now to charge our travel expenses in hopes of earning points toward flights in our future.

We have one!! We had to spend $1500 in like 3 months in order to get 2 free round trip tickets (it's based on points and where you want to go and the price of the flights). We used it to book the hotels for CP's cheerleading competitions, hotel for son's boot camp graduation, and hotels when we went out of town to watch CP cheer at college football games, so the $1500 added up quickly and we earned the flights without a problem. I used the points to book flights to see my son who is stationed in the Air Force and then the flight to go to Worlds. Of course, you actually pay for the flights because you have to spend the money, but we figured we would earn something that we were spending the money on anyway and we always paid the bill off every month.

If you spend the money and earn your points and can pay off your balance, it's worth getting to earn the flights. If you have to find a reason to charge things on another credit card just to earn flights, it's probably not a good idea. We use it now to charge our travel expenses in hopes of earning points toward flights in our future.

Thank you so much for responding!! :) this makes me want one more just so I can fly!! Thanks again. I may message you with my questions soon.

Also check out Chase Saphire, depending on what the amount you have to spend they give you 50,000 miles to use on any airline. Both me and hubby applied separately , used the miles and cancelled them within the year.

I have one! I didn't want to pay $400 for my flight to Seattle next month. I had to spend $1000 in the first 3 months. I moved into a new place and bought couches (which I would have anyways), and so my flight was free. I've also used it for other flights I've purchased and I'm flying to Denver for free in July. I recommend it if you're good at managing your money. I only use it on "big" purchases and I've been good about paying it off.

Back