Sparkle Effect Summer- Are You In?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

Areyouin-150x150.jpg
Hey everyone! Sarah Cronk here, coming to you with all the latest information about The Sparkle Effect, my organization that helps cheerleaders and dancers nationwide create teams including students with disabilities. Thanks to awesome leaders like you, The Sparkle Effect has more than doubled in size over the past year, generating a total of 61 teams! We have a very exciting summer in store but, before I tell you about that, let’s get caught up!
The Sparkle Effect has enjoyed tremendous success in the past year – success that has allowed us to move our program to the next level. Last August, with the help of your votes, we won the $100,000 grand prize at the Do Something Awards. This substantial funding not only enabled us to expand to school-based dance teams and to launch our new team-of-the-month contest, we were able to bring on Lauren Delzell as our fantastic new Associate Director of Dance Teams. This summer, Lauren and I will be traveling from coast to coast as we launch our first-ever promotional tour at the biggest cheer and dance camps in the nation!
We’re so excited about the tour and about our new “Are you IN?” campaign. In addition to our main question, we want to know: Are you INvolved?; Are you INclusive?; Are you INterested?; and “Are you INspired? At the camps, we’ll be giving away thousands of super bright t-shirts highlighting these questions to get you inspired to start an inclusive team at your school. Also, don’t forget to keep an eye out for Are you IN? stickers in your camp freebie bag as well as in UCA coaches’ packets and squad notebooks!
Since we’re spending almost our entire summer at UCA and UDA camps, Varsity invited us to attend UCA’s Midwest Work Week in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. What an amazing opportunity! Lauren and I had so much fun as we learned effective and efficient instruction technique alongside some of the best cheerleaders in the nation. Ever since attending my first UCA camp as a freshman in high school, I have revered and admired the talent of UCA staff. After getting to know several staff members more personally this past week, I realized that UCA staff stands out not only for their skills, but for their passionate commitment to the entire cheerleading community. The staff clearly strives to help teams become the best they can be, both on and off of the mat. It was so inspiring to be surrounded by people who are making such a positive difference in the lives of so many cheerleaders and who will continue to do so for years to come.
So, we know that UCA, UDA, and Varsity are IN. Are you?
- Sarah Cronk

Back