All-Star Spirit Cheer 2/12 - 13/2011 Hartford, CT

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sparks is an amazing program and one athlete cannot single-handedly earn a national title. It takes a team!

Moving onn.. anyone have any thoughts on other programs this weekend?
I personally really enjoyed Spirit Allstars!

Just want to put it out there that Sparks has AMAZING teams & choreography from their littlest to their level 5's! And they really are the nicest kids. Very impressed with their program.
There were a lot of great programs there this weekend & it really was nice to see all good sportsmanship - saw lots of different programs cheering for everyone.

I wish I had added this earlier but as crazy and long as last week-end was I meet some of the nicest people! Nothing passes the time in a Starbucks line like learning about programs you don't know about from great parents. Congratulations to all the teams there this week-end. It's hard to pick one program. I find that I end up with favorite routines from a lot of gyms by the end of the season. Thank goodness for youtube.

Good point clickclickFLASH....the I Promise certainly is not what this thread has turned into.

What these kids do whether they are on a level 1 or a level 5 team is amazing. Keep in mind you could have a child on a level 1 team that doesn't tumble but is an incredible dancer, and has amazing jumps and knows how to stunt. I have seen kids on a level 1 or 2 team that given a couple hours is capable of doing level 5 stunts. I have seen AMAZING jumps on a level 1 team and not so amazing jumps on a level 5. Each kid contributes in a different way.

One post mentioned that even if a level 5 athlete didnt tumble they had other level 5 skills, and they are placed on the level 5 team for another reason whether it was jumps or stunting or whatever well.... maybe but, you also have the exact opposite going on. You could have a level 5 that is an incredible tumbler but doesn't have great jumps or can't really dance so great. Well what if this were the person that is now crossing over to the lower level team? Is this still putting the level 2 team at an advantage? I would say no. I can tell you right now, there is somebody else on that level 1 or 2 team that has equally good stunting, better jumps and can dance their butt off.

Crossovers are there to fill in whether another athlete left the gym, or an athlete was injured, or maybe like another person mentioned, so that they are able to fly and learn new skills that they were not able to do on a level 5 team. Maybe there are teams that are stacking , but there are also many legitimate reasons and it is important not to just assume.

So, I think it is important to stop the drama and try to look at the whole picture. All Star cheering teaches determination, discipline, teamwork and a strong desire to win. But equally important is sportsmanship . Every kid and every parent wants their team to win, but you know what, you will not win every competition. Losing is tough, but learning to acknowledge that another team was better and being able to congratulate them will go a long way in shaping a person's character. All Star Cheering is finally starting to get the recognition that it deserves. You don't want people to see this pettiness, you want them to see how incredible it really is. You want them to see these kids as athletes which is what they deserve. Don't let things like this overshadow the good that comes from this sport.

As mentioned, remember the IPromise =)

There are some great competitions coming up and I for one would like to say good luck to all the teams. I'll be watching Cheersport can't wait!!

No one, two or even three people are bigger than the T_E_A_M. We learned that a long time ago. We have girls that have combination passes thru to doubles but we just as much appreciate the girls that do the heavy lifting. Our very talented flyers would be nothing without them. Not to mention our amazing point dancer. I don't think anyone likes crossovers just for the sake of crossing over. But sometimes it is necessary. It's the T_E_A_M, coaches and even the parents that make a program successful. Does that makes sense? By the way, my daughter went against a Sparks team this weekend. Did they have crossovers.... maybe. But their T_E_A_M had more talent and the score showed it. Just my two sense for what it's worth.

woah i just saw all of these posts now.. i apologize if my comment started anything it was definitely not intentional i just wanted to know what was going on in the other hall since i wasn't in there & the "dance party" they put on really wasn't as fun or distracting for time as they thought it would be hahaha congrats to sparks for winning i heard they were really good.

i think people are forgetting about the crossovers within the level 5 division when they do their math. i have talked to a bunch of people on sparks and when i ask the level 5 kids what team there on i hear stuff like "maven and superstars" or "maven and novas" or "superstars and novas"
when people say its only a tiny percent, that may not be completely true
just saying

i think people are forgetting about the crossovers within the level 5 division when they do their math. i have talked to a bunch of people on sparks and when i ask the level 5 kids what team there on i hear stuff like "maven and superstars" or "maven and novas" or "superstars and novas"
when people say its only a tiny percent, that may not be completely true
just saying

I think they were having a problem with Level 5 down to Level 2...not crossing from one 5 to another.

They probably won't due to some of the questionable scoring...LOL
HAHA I was actually thinking the same thing
tongue.png

Just as a warning to anyone who won the hoodies this weekend....don't put them in the dryer. My daughter's is now half the size that it was....ooops! :(
LOL thats ok the hoods were already too small for each jacket anyway...did you notice that...LOL Halarious!!

Back