All-Star Spirit Of Hope / Jan 19-20 (charlotte, Nc)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aviator allstars whole program will be there. That one is right in our backyard so its hard to turn down :)

I knew you guys would be there. I wished you guys would have come to the Universal Spirit States in Greensboro.
We dropped that one for UCA in Sevierville, TN. Universal Spirit hasn't been a favorite of mine but now that they've ditched their old scoresheet I'm much more enthusiastic. I will say I got a text from a mom that's with another gym now lamenting that Patch the Pirate was still doing awards.....I'll say I'm not looking forward to that at SOH. Between his general pirate-ness and ...."the second place winners are....and in second place.... receiving the second place trophy, please put your hands together for the second place finishers...." OMG just SAY IT Captain dramatic pause!!

That guy is enough to make me have to confess multiple additional transgressions in the confessions of a cheer mom thread.....(or go get the "wine rack" someone posted in there!

We dropped that one for UCA in Sevierville, TN. Universal Spirit hasn't been a favorite of mine but now that they've ditched their old scoresheet I'm much more enthusiastic. I will say I got a text from a mom that's with another gym now lamenting that Patch the Pirate was still doing awards.....I'll say I'm not looking forward to that at SOH. Between his general pirate-ness and ...."the second place winners are....and in second place.... receiving the second place trophy, please put your hands together for the second place finishers...." OMG just SAY IT Captain dramatic pause!!

That guy is enough to make me have to confess multiple additional transgressions in the confessions of a cheer mom thread.....(or go get the "wine rack" someone posted in there!

Yes. This. Level 2 awards felt like they went on FOREVER at States. I looked at my friend and said "You know, in the amount of time it took just to complete on division at this comp, Cheersport regionals had completed a whole session..."

Yes. This. Level 2 awards felt like they went on FOREVER at States. I looked at my friend and said "You know, in the amount of time it took just to complete on division at this comp, Cheersport regionals had completed a whole session..."
Yep. and SOH is worse because the video, the drumline (both of which are cool....if you're not sitting in that awards session six times in one day watching the same thing over and over again, but get old quickly when you're doing it time and time again) and then good ole Patch who has the uncanny ability to make a 4 team division last 5 minutes all on it's own.

My DH actually refused to go to awards last year (first time ever) so he didn't see my son's team win because he had been in there a few times already and couldn't take it anymore. He'll go postal over the dramatic......dramatic....dramatic.... pause and didn't feel the need to subject himself to it.

Victory All-Stars will be there. My CP is on the J3 team, Onyx. I agree, the announcer is SO annoying. My husband will walk around the house for 2 weeks after going to a Universal Spirit comp saying "CONGRATULATIONS" in that same voice, not looking forward to that....

We'll be there! Looking forward to it! I love that proceeds go to such a great cause, and it's nice to have a larger competition so close to home! And yes...Patch the Pirate is entertaining, if obnoxious after a while. I especially like how he says "All Starrrrrrrrrs". :enjoyshow:

Back