All-Star Spirit Of Hope Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

hmm that's too bad.. i'm dying to see some of my favorite teams' video like CAC Teal, FAME Vengeance, and ACE Thunderbirds :( btw, do you know the exact reason why spirit of hope never allow people to take videos in their comp?

Probably because they have a video vendor on site. Honestly, I think many larger competitions prefer that you not video, but it happens anyway.

Correct. They have a big banner on the front of the stage with all of the instructions: Sit down, no recording, etc. They were also making announcements about it as well. I still saw plenty of it going on though.
When fame and ACX wild jags went in it was like watching it on a jumbotron with all the iPads in priority seating. They only seemed to say something to real videographers (like the ones who shoot our backstage videos etc) they jumped them but didn't say a word to basically anyone else filming on cameras and iPads that I saw. I filmed several of our teams (and wildjags because my prince was backstage warming up and wanted to see them) and no one said anything to me.

Well, no. I was that crazy Mom, front and center, that couldn't seem to keep her behind in her seat.
I saw you! I was only wondering about the ones on the side because they were sitting in front of us (stood at the side when the team came out) and we were talking to them after (and their girls) about how great they did. I would've thought it was funny if we were actually talking to each other and didn't know it ;)

I saw you! I was only wondering about the ones on the side because they were sitting in front of us (stood at the side when the team came out) and we were talking to them after (and their girls) about how great they did. I would've thought it was funny if we were actually talking to each other and didn't know it ;)
Wouldn't it have been cool if we'd all three met at the same time?! Cheer. Mom. Trifecta.

okay. but how is that possible for Super Senior to take another partial paid bid at spirit hope when they already have one at previous comp before? :confused:

If I remember correctly, if there were changes to the roster of the team at the second event - say a new athlete or two that joined the gym, or suddenly got the skills needed after the first bid event that were not rostered for that team and they were added to the team, a gym may chose to relinquish the prior bid, in the hopes of securing a new bid that includes the new athletes. You just can't easily swap athletes in and out like you could in previous years. More restriction - for which I am glad - to further moderate recruiting of athlete's from other gyms just for Worlds, fly ins, etc. I could be wrong though, since it has been awhile since I really studied this option.

I was there and I met no one! I'll have to try and meet some of you at Battle at the Beach or UCA in March. Hopefully my CP's team will have a better showing than they did at SOH...or all the other comps we've had this season. :confused:

Correct. They have a big banner on the front of the stage with all of the instructions: Sit down, no recording, etc. They were also making announcements about it as well. I still saw plenty of it going on though.

It was hilarious that they would make the announcement and then as soon as teams hit the stage all you saw were Ipads, phones, and cameras in the air. lol!

Back