All-Star Spirit Sports Battle At The Beach - March 28-29, 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry, but Glitter Penguins is the best team name ever.
I agree...it makes me smile! I wonder if they let the team choose it themselves? I could imagine what my cp would have named her team when she was a mini back in the day...probably the Unicorn Fairies or something....;)

I agree...it makes me smile! I wonder if they let the team choose it themselves? I could imagine what my cp would have named her team when she was a mini back in the day...probably the Unicorn Fairies or something....;)

Erica Englebert gets credit for the name. In her senior speech for SE last year, she told everyone she was coming back to coach a Youth 3 team she was calling the Glitter Penguins. Started the season coaching, but is really busy with school, so Sarah and Darnell are coaching them.

So Glitter Penguins is competing as small youth 3 this comp even though they already have a bid as large with their 17 level 5 crossovers. Anyone know why? Will the small team just be their level 5 crossovers?

Why the snark? It was a mistake on the part of Spirit Sports- not CEA or Glitter Penguins. Seems a bit unnecessary.

Erica Englebert gets credit for the name. In her senior speech for SE last year, she told everyone she was coming back to coach a Youth 3 team she was calling the Glitter Penguins. Started the season coaching, but is really busy with school, so Sarah and Darnell are coaching them.

***Forgive the spelling. Sent from my phone. :)

Not to hijack the thread, but is she in cosmetology school? I saw a picture of her with a former (again) cheerleader and Erica colored and cut the Mom's hair.

***Forgive the spelling. Sent from my phone. :)

Not to hijack the thread, but is she in cosmetology school? I saw a picture of her with a former (again) cheerleader and Erica colored and cut the Mom's hair.
Yes. Seems to be pretty good at it, too.

Why the snark? It was a mistake on the part of Spirit Sports- not CEA or Glitter Penguins. Seems a bit unnecessary.
Some posters just do not like CEA. Others do not like a large number of crossovers from a higher to a lower level. GP is the perfect storm of dislike for those people and the thought of them vying for a small bid when they already have a large one (which is really not implausible in the world of CEA) is just fuel for their fire. You should know that.

Sort of frustrated with the youth summit bids...no level 3 given out.
Level 1 got a paid and at large
Level 2 at large
Level 4 at large

So in an underrepresented summit division (youth 3) no bids given even though I think a total of 15 at large are being given at this competition.

Level 2 at large
Level 4 at large

So in an underrepresented summit division (youth 3) no bids given even though I think a total of 15 at large are being given at this competition.

Youth 3 has by far been the most difficult division. Our team has placed first in most events this year (7th in a super tight ChereSport division) and hasn't received one yet. They did receive one when they competed as a Junior 3 just so they could have competition (won that event) but passed it down because they are a true Youth (very young) team and they would not be competing Jr 3 at Summit. They won their division today at ACP this weekend and waiting to find out if they receive one there. Almost makes us wish we had just kept the Jr 3 bid.

Level 2 at large
Level 4 at large

Youth 3 winner already has an at large. Maybe that is why? Can't tell until we (or if we ever) see scores for winners.

Youth 3 winner already has an at large. Maybe that is why? Can't tell until we (or if we ever) see scores for winners.
Yes, the large youth winner has a bid but what about youth 3 small or second place in large?

Back